What's new

Touchscreen no longer works on Surface 2 after updates

Surface 2 User

The touchscreen facility on my Surface 2 has stopped working after I installed the latest MS updates on my Surface 3 days ago. I called MS technical help; I was advised to "refresh" and then "reset" my Surface 2 - which didn't help at all and was just a 3-hour waste of my time - when it didn't work they told me that they knew it was an issue related to the latest updates (...so why make me do the reset???) and that it will take MS 3 weeks to come up with a solution!!!!!
Meantime, I have to explain to all my business contacts (I use my Surface 2 for presenting to clients) that Microsoft's own updates have messed up their own hardware!!!!

....UNBELIEVABLE!!!! unbelievable that this should happen in the first place (...when I googled it I saw it happens to lots of people) - how difficult would it be for MS to run all updates in test on their own hardware before letting them loose on customers?????) and an unbelievably awful reaction from Microsoft to the problem they have created!!!! (and MS technical told me that they don't even have a customer service dept at Microsoft that you can complain to!!!!!)

And the ads on this forum slow it down to an extremely irritating degree! (I would never buy anything from people who want to slow down my access to answers to MS isssues!!!)

leeshor

This forum does not belong to Microsoft. Just an fyi. But welcome aboard just the same.

Yours is the first complaint I have seen like that but I'm equally surprised that if they were aware of it they didn't issue a fix ASAP. Microsoft does do regression testing on patches but they can't cover every conceivable possible combination of installed apps. I suspect that may be where the issue got it's start on an S2.

OP
S

Surface 2 User

This forum does not belong to Microsoft. Just an fyi. But welcome aboard just the same.

Yours is the first complaint I have seen like that but I'm equally surprised that if they were aware of it they didn't issue a fix ASAP. Microsoft does do regression testing on patches but they can't cover every conceivable possible combination of installed apps. I suspect that may be where the issue got it's start on an S2.
If this site doesn't belong to MS, how come it can use the MS Surface logo and typeface? It's very misleading! Don't MS have their own forums?