What's new

Trackpad Settings app no longer works with Surface 2 Type Cover

D

Deleted member 10837

I'm also hoping they will add the ability to adjust the backlighting for the the new covers.

oion

I'm also hoping they will add the ability to adjust the backlighting for the the new covers.

This is already available. Above F1/F2 function buttons, these are the default buttons to lower/raise backlighting brightness (no need to press Fn). You can turn it off completely too, which is nice.

D

Deleted member 10837

This is already available. Above F1/F2 function buttons, these are the default buttons to lower/raise backlighting brightness (no need to press Fn). You can turn it off completely too, which is nice.

I meant more options such as when it auto dims, auto brightness level, etc.

hypokondriak

Is there any way to reverse the trackpad axis without this app? I tried control panel mouse settings and looks like the option does not exist there. I cannot recall if this exists anywhere else.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

beman39

I meant more options such as when it auto dims, auto brightness level, etc.

I bought the new type cover 2 and I find it's awesome, seriously this thing works awesome and no offence but I find some of you guys complaining about itty bitty things! you get annoyed over the smallest things! I went into bestbuy to get a new Surface 2 64GB and they didn't have any in stock ATM so I will try back Friday when they get new units in. it even has a proximity sensor so you just have to hover to get the light open on the keyboard so there is no pause when you start typing...

Last edited:

hypokondriak

I bought the new type cover 2 and I find it's awesome, seriously this thing works awesome and no offence but I find some of you guys complaining about itty bitty things! you get annoyed over the smallest things! I went into bestbuy to get a new Surface 2 64GB and they didn't have any in stock ATM so I will try back Friday when they get new units in. it even has a proximity sensor so you just have to hover to get the light open on the keyboard so there is no pause when you start typing...

Yeah the backlight keyboard is pretty sweet. I love not having to try and angle the screen to get a feel for where I'm at on the keyboard. I've also gotten a lot more used to the key throw today. The Surface 2 and the Type 2 is a pretty satisfying combo.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

evil-twin

There is a way. In general settings (Modern UI settings) go to "PC and devices">"Mouse and Touchpad". For all options visible the Cover has to be attached. You can reverse scroll directions and activate/deactivate gestures.