What's new

Transfering files from NAS drive to Win 8.1 RT tablet

chaoren8

I want to transfer files from my NAS drive to my Win 8.1 RT tablet where I have touch screen only. I can do one file at a time but there must be a better way to copy a group of files existing in the same folder to my tablet. I've yet figure out how to select a group of files from tablet. Sure miss Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V!

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

SEANT

This is one of those areas where a legacy app, in this case Windows Explorer, is not set up particularly well for touch. There may be other options – hopefully – but the files can be isolated if touched exactly where the checkbox is shown in the accompanying image. Pretty difficult with a finger, not so bad with a capacitive stylus.

WinExp.png

jimkraz

Have you not got a mouse you could use under these circumstances, it would make things a whole lot easier, if your doing this at home, I see no reason not to make things easier by using a mouse.

jrioux

Fancy finger work...

You can also swipe your finger over a group of adjacent files in Explorer RT to select multiple files. It works just like selecting multiple files with a mouse on a regular PC. Remember, however, you need to start in the blank area after (or below/above) the file names and not directly on the file names.

Cheers! @(*o*)@

Jerry

BTW I ordered by RT on Black Friday and have copied a number of directories to my RT from my NAS via Wi-Fi. It's pretty slick!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10837

There are many FTP apps in the Windows Store you can use for transferring large amounts of files.