What's new

Travel Case for Surface Pro 3

MDS

Ya, it's way earlier to be expecting cases to show up for the Surface Pro 3 but there are a few.

Anyone done the research yet comparing the size of the unit to what's out there? I'll be looking for a sleeve that has a pocket for the power supply. Post your link if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Quick edit: I looked up the specs of the type cover 3 at Best Buy. Assuming as they list the cover slightly larger than the devise it would appear the dimensions to consider when researching cases will be 11.6 x 8.5 x .56 with the cover attached.

Last edited:

norir82

This rooCase looks perfect but I wish it had a grip. I would feel a lot better if there was something for me to grab a hold of. Not a fan of the briefcase handle either but prefer a loop I can put my hand through. At the Microsoft Store there's an Incase Sleeve/Case for the original 10.6. Surface models with such a feature. Love it.

OP
MDS

MDS

I'll have to check that brand for maybe a smaller unit but can see why the extra space and strap could be usable. Thanks for the post. Wonder how the buckle works on this one, if it would easy to fasten.

10 days till we get those pre-ordered surface pros. Would like to get a case before that.

Last edited:

Ms.Dos

The difficulty in dropping a SP3 into a MacBook Air case is the way the 3:2 aspect ratio skews the physical size. It is almost the same length as an 11" MacBook, but the SP3 is an inch taller. At the same time, the 13" Air is both an inch wider and taller - not a problem for a case, but maybe too loose for a sleeve.

My current ThinkPad fits the Waterfield Designs MacBook Air Smart Case, so we'll see how the Surface Pro 3 fares in there. Though, if I am forced to buy something new, their Solo for 13" MacBook Air looks pretty cool.

Outback-Solo-13MBA-What-Fits-press.jpg

jedge

Yes, I'm responding to my own thread. Found this sleeve and looks like it might work for simple cover with pocket for charger. Appears just searching for Mac Book Air cases will bring up sleeves/cases that may work.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air 11.6-inch Laptop MD711LL/A MD712LL/A MC505LL/A MC506LL/A MC968LL/A MC969LL/A (Black / Dark Blue): Computers & Accessories

That's the one that i purchased. It says it also fits a 11.6" Chromebook, so maybe that's a good criteria to search for. It hasn't arrived yet.
I actually bought it off ebay from the SAME EXACT COMPANY but if you include shipping it was cheaper:
rooCASE Bubble Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air 11 6 Chromebook 11 6 | eBay
I don't mind that it doesn't have a carry handle. I just wanted some extra protection when it's in my backpack.

I bought it based on this article: Buying the Surface Pro 3? Here are the apps, games, programs and accessories you need

OP
MDS

MDS

That's the one that i purchased. It says it also fits a 11.6" Chromebook, so maybe that's a good criteria to search for. It hasn't arrived yet.
I actually bought it off ebay from the SAME EXACT COMPANY but if you include shipping it was cheaper:
rooCASE Bubble Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air 11 6 Chromebook 11 6 | eBay
I don't mind that it doesn't have a carry handle. I just wanted some extra protection when it's in my backpack.

I bought it based on this article: Buying the Surface Pro 3? Here are the apps, games, programs and accessories you need

Ordered same case with blue. Arrived today and I'm liking it. There is even padding below zipper so it does not touch device. I'm thinking it will fit Surface Pro 3 just fine but will know on Friday. Fits pro 2 with what looks like enough space for the added dimensions of pro 3. Really nice sleeve.

Maybe not a true travel case but a newly posted folio for the SP3.

Amazon.com: Elsse (TM) Premium Folio Case with Stand for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Surface Pro 3, Black): Computers & Accessories

As a bag I plan on using a Booq Bag like this:

booq | Mamba slim 13

The exception is that mine is a ballistic nylon. It fits 13" ultrabooks and can also hold an iPad. My SP2 fit very well so I am sure the SP# will work well also. The pockt on the front is plenty big enough to hold the power supply and a small mouse (I use the Logitech Ultrthin).