What's new

Travel Case for Surface Pro 3

IlbeRevolution

I'll have to check that brand for maybe a smaller unit but can see why the extra space and strap could be usable. Thanks for the post. Wonder how the buckle works on this one, if it would easy to fasten.

10 days till we get those pre-ordered surface pros. Would like to get a case before that.

You might want to check this one out then. Just came out today, specifically designed for the SP3 series.

http://www.brenthaven.com/fbx-live-feed/collins-vertical-messenger-charcoal-2

Last edited:

bkydcmpr

The difficulty in dropping a SP3 into a MacBook Air case is the way the 3:2 aspect ratio skews the physical size. It is almost the same length as an 11" MacBook, but the SP3 is an inch taller. At the same time, the 13" Air is both an inch wider and taller - not a problem for a case, but maybe too loose for a sleeve.

My current ThinkPad fits the Waterfield Designs MacBook Air Smart Case, so we'll see how the Surface Pro 3 fares in there. Though, if I am forced to buy something new, their Solo for 13" MacBook Air looks pretty cool.

View attachment 2231
yes it's a sexy bag. but I still don't understand who would carry so little. I always have my backpack with me.

fonzman78

By the way, Waterfield now shows a Solo specifically for the SP3... Outback Solo for Surface Pro 3 ? WaterField Designs

That is a great looking case. Do you own one? Will this fit into a larger, leather bag? I'm always going from meeting to meeting. My go to bag is a leather shoulder bag in which I put a sleeve I got from Best Buy yesterday.

Platinum Sleeve for Microsoft Surface, Surface 2 and Surface Pro Black PT-MMSS2B - Best Buy

This sleeve fits into my leather bag so I can just simply grab it when I have a lunch meeting rather than take my bigger leather bag. I'm liking the this new sleeve but not sure if it will fit into a larger bag like the Best Buy one does.

Can you or anyone comment on it if they have one for their Surface or even Mac/iPad?

scottysize

The difficulty in dropping a SP3 into a MacBook Air case is the way the 3:2 aspect ratio skews the physical size. It is almost the same length as an 11" MacBook, but the SP3 is an inch taller. At the same time, the 13" Air is both an inch wider and taller - not a problem for a case, but maybe too loose for a sleeve.

My current ThinkPad fits the Waterfield Designs MacBook Air Smart Case, so we'll see how the Surface Pro 3 fares in there. Though, if I am forced to buy something new, their Solo for 13" MacBook Air looks pretty cool.

View attachment 2231

I like that one.

I bought my surface pro 3 on launch date. Also grabbed a black keypad.

I had an ugly dead pixel in the center of my screen so I drove back to the store to replace it the next day. They swapped it without questions asked.

While I was in store i figured I would buy the extended protection since it covers any manufacturers defects for 2 years and 2 cases of accidental damages with a ($50 deductible).

While I was asking about the $150 extended warranty/protection the dude whipped out a sheet of paper and asked if I was interested in the bundle.

for 299 you got any case of your choice, a years worth of Microsoft 360 Home, a surface pro 3 keyboard cover and the extended warranty.

He said since I already purchased the keyboard cover he would deduct that ($130) from the $299 bundle and I would only have to pay the difference. Since I was going to pay $150 for the insurance anyways I figured what the heck, that’s a good deal. I ended up paying the difference of $180 for the bundle which included extended warranty ($150), 1 year Microsoft home ($99) and a leather sleeve which is really, really nice which I think retailed for $40 something.

Just thought I’d share.

Long story short, I got a really really nice leather sleeve. I’ll post pictures when I get home from work. I highly recommend it.

bulls96

so I just got off live chat at the microsoft store website and she said that they don't offer that package at this time. Lucky you!

so I just got off live chat at the microsoft store website and she said that they don't offer that package at this time. Lucky you!

Might have been specific to the store I went to. It was a store in Long Island NY. Can't recall the name of the mall it was in.

I'll take a picture of the flyer when I get home if that would help you out. Maybe it's something you can take into a physical store to see if they'll honor it. It's a great deal. I also just found out with my copy of Office 365, I get 1TB storage as of July 1st. Another perk! But I think anybody with a subscription to Office gets that storage when July 1st hits.

Feoen

WIN_20140626_140137.JPG

I highly recommend this case. I bought it at the Microsoft Store, also as a part of the bundle. It was $35 otherwise. It's made by Incipio. The outside looks like burlap but it is protected by a "wax coating" that prevents tearing. The inside has faux fur that will not scratch your Surface. It is very lightweight.

The zipper opens from the top (long side) or from the side (short side) so whether you have a horizontal or vertical bag, it's easy to get the Surface out of this.

There is only one pocket aside from the main storage area. I took the photo above with my surface, but the pocket you see there currently has the Surface Pro 3 charging brick and cable, the SP3 Pen, and the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition inside it. You can barely even tell that there's anything in the case.

The Microsoft Store had the beige one that I have, as well as Grey and Military Green colored ones.

Only complaint is that there's no handles, but this is really meant as protection and storage rather than a carry bag.