What's new

Trying To Access Email

So, I have a charter email address I want to be able to access. Haven't been able to access it yet. The helpful young lady at charter said I needed to download shockwave, java and flashplayer to be able to get my email. Can I download them to this device?

J515OP

Super Moderator
So, I have a charter email address I want to be able to access. Haven't been able to access it yet. The helpful young lady at charter said I needed to download shockwave, java and flashplayer to be able to get my email. Can I download them to this device?

No, you can't download these items to Windows RT. I'm sure they were trying to be helpful but perhaps they may not have know what they were doing and just started tossing things out. It seems ridiculous that you would need all those just to access email. If it is a pop3 mail account that could be causing issues. There are several threads with work arounds (e.g. forwarding mail to another account) you should look into and see if that helps.

JP

leeshor

My guess is that they though you "really" wanted to access the mail on the WEB, instead of using a mail client. That's the only way what they told you would make sense.

OP
B

brocharlieb

I guess I'd be happy with forwarding the email to another acct. I'll see if I can do that. I'm pretty sure it is POP3