What's new

Turning off screen of Surface Pro

souldier

Let's just say I am listening to music, is there a way to turn of the screen while the music is still playing in the background as you could do on any smart phone or tablet?

bosamar

On my RT all I have to do is click the power button once, the screen goes black, and my music continues to play.

J515OP

Super Moderator
It depends on the app. If the app doesn't support it, then it won't continue to play (like youtube, which shuts off if you sleep the phone).

bosamar

It depends on the app. If the app doesn't support it, then it won't continue to play (like youtube, which shuts off if you sleep the phone).

My RT Music app and Multimedia8 both run fine with the screen off.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
My RT Music app and Multimedia8 both run fine with the screen off.
I assume that's because of the connected standby-mode of the RT, where only the 5th-core of the Tegra3 may be used for playing music, while sending the Pro into sleep/hybrid/whatever it's called today, would stop the app from playing music.
Only solution (imho): Set the Time to turn the screen of to a short value (2 minutes), while setting sleep mode to somewhat like 2hrs or setting the action for pressing the power-button to screen off only (if this is actually possible).