What's new

TVCatchUp... gone!

CrippsCorner

Any ideas where this app has gone? Unfortunately I needed to restore my Surface and lost it and now I can't get it back :( of course, I just use the website, but still... would like to know.

Can't find any information on their official forums.

LuckyL

Just uninstalled it, went to the app store, looked up "TVCatchup", clicked "install" and it's back.

Was happy to take the risk as there are ever fewer channels available to a point that I can't be bothered with it anyway.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

That's strange, I'll have to grab a screenshot. It shows 'install' but when I click it, it says sorry but this app is no longer available
frown.png

The only thought I did just have is that I had to set my location as the US to be able to use my Music Kit... so maybe that's prohibiting me from installing UK apps, although I did just restore my Surface, I would have thought it would return it to normal. Must check that when I get home.

Omni

That's strange, I'll have to grab a screenshot. It shows 'install' but when I click it, it says sorry but this app is no longer available
frown.png

The only thought I did just have is that I had to set my location as the US to be able to use my Music Kit... so maybe that's prohibiting me from installing UK apps, although I did just restore my Surface, I would have thought it would return it to normal. Must check that when I get home.

I think you might have answered your own question. I bet that's it. :). Installing it as UK then changing it back to US will hopefully work.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Correct! It installed fine...

Now I just have to remember to switch my location between using different apps
wink.png
why do they do this though!? Surely they can tell where you are by your IP. Then again I'm kinda glad they don't or the Music Kit would be rendered useless for me.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Not tried that yet, actually. Have the other way round though... I am able to use the Music Kit app when location is set to UK, but it won't let me browse for new tracks until I turn it back to US again :(