What's new

Two finger scrolling stopped working on Chrome. Driving me crazy.

xGary

So two finger scrolling has always worked for me even after the latest Chrome 32 update with all the updated touch stuff. Then I reformatted my SP2 and now it won't work.
Don't tell me to use IE. I have addons that I use daily that are not available on IE and I can visually see IE loading pages slower than Chrome.

Edit: Oh my god I finally friggin figured out what it was, for some reason, you need to install a Chrome Theme to make it work.

Last edited:

munakib

So two finger scrolling has always worked for me even after the latest Chrome 32 update with all the updated touch stuff. Then I reformatted my SP2 and now it won't work.
Don't tell me to use IE. I have addons that I use daily that are not available on IE and I can visually see IE loading pages slower than Chrome.

Edit: Oh my god I finally friggin figured out what it was, for some reason, you need to install a Chrome Theme to make it work.

Thanks so much, I had moved to IE11 for 1 day just because of this bug. Just installed Chrome themes and scrolling is back and i can run all my addons too, yet Chrome in Metromode is still not working due to texture sharing being disabled after the new firmware update (not that i used the metro mode much).

I just bought a type cover 2 and I'm having the same issue. Installing certain themes fixes it, but I really just want it stock. It also concerns me that this work around may not work in the future. Also, I have pinch to zoom enabled in chrome with the touchscreen, but it doesn't work on the trackpad. Does anything know how to get it to work on the trackpad?

ihaveabu

I have this exact same problem. My chrome won't scroll with two fingers on trackpad, windows 8 metro mode has disappeared, and every time my computer restarts and I restart Chrome it says my preferences can not be read.

I've tried reinstalling chrome and deleting app data and nothing helps.

EDIT: installing a theme does seem to fix it. But not my issues with my preferences and windows 8 metro mode. This happened about a week ago. It was running fine before

Also using the default theme breaks the scrolling again....

Last edited:

beq

That's strange, my Chrome still works with two-finger scrolling on default theme, but now I'm afraid I'll experience this too at some point.

When I was messing with Chrome flags, I suddenly developed a problem whereby launching Chrome always opens 2 windows. Problem persisted even after resetting all flags back to default, and other attempts to fix the problem.

Finally fixed after another uninstall and reverting from Chrome v33 beta to Chrome v32 stable (though I'm not sure that was the deciding factor). But reverting version also caused various extensions to throw up warning dialog boxes on launch, forcing me to delete my user profile (it's a managed Google Apps account) and recreate.

samurai

This behavior started happening since chrome is updated to Version 32. Installing theme helped me. Thanks guys.

munakib

Last edited:

ihaveabu

yea I looked into it basically Google has removed Windows 8 Metro mode for now until they make it work better with high DPI screens. And apparently broke peripheral scrolling too. A lot of people reporting issues on their forums

phubai

Thanks for the add a theme advice; that fixed mine as well. IE works very well, but I have so much going on in Chrome, the migration was a little painful. I think I'll continue that process though as I'd really like to give IE a fair shot as it seems a little more at home in world of Windows 8. On the other hand, I also use Macs, and for the convenience of sharing bookmarks and settings, Chrome just can't be beat especially when you have diverse hardware. In my case I have ioS, Android, Linux, OS X, and Windows 7 and 8 and Chrome synchs well with all of these while IE of course is only available on Windows.