What's new

Two finger scrolling

lkailburn

Is it just me, or my EDIT[type]EDIT keyboard but I cannot get two finger scrolling to work consistently. I'd say it works 25% of the time I try it. The rest of the time it acts like just single finger mouse movements. I've only had the surface for 24 hours now so i'm still getting used to it but I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I've tried light pressure, heavy pressure, fingers close together, farther apart.

Thanks!

EDIT: sorry it's the type cover, not touch.

Last edited:

Jay Slasher

The touch keyboard by its very nature is less responsive than a normal Keyboard/trackpad just due to the way its designed and built. You will notice that it may or may not get any better with use, for me, I ended up switching to the type keyboard because I got tired of the feeling of smashing my finger tips on a table top just to type. Try heavy pressure at the exact same moment for both fingers close together. That should give you more consistent response for 2 finger scrolling. if that doesn't work, consider a switch or using the screen to scroll.

Jay Slasher

Yeah maybe your type cover needs to be exchanged, i'm using mine now and 2 finger scrolling is working 99% of the time.

OP
L

lkailburn

If i pay very close attention to scrolling 100% vertically on the pad it seems to be doing better. But it feels awkward because the normal angle of your hand tends to cause me to scroll a little bit at an angle and the system just doesn't want it that way.

I have a new question. When i flip the keyboard around the back it instantly disables it just perfect the way it should. but i notice that if i flip the keyboard back to the front it never re-enables the keyboard. i have to unplug and replug. is this by design?

ArnoldC

<snip>I have a new question. When i flip the keyboard around the back it instantly disables it just perfect the way it should. but i notice that if i flip the keyboard back to the front it never re-enables the keyboard. i have to unplug and replug. is this by design?

No. My Touch Cover automatically gains control after a flip back.

bryanhayn

Two-finger scrolling on the type cover doesn't work very well for me, too. I find that if I keep my two fingers very close together it seems to work better.

kristalsoldier

Two-finger scrolling on the type cover doesn't work very well for me, too. I find that if I keep my two fingers very close together it seems to work better.

I'll second this, which is why I opted for the Wedge mouse - though even that is a bit off, according to me.

ArnoldC

If you can borrow a Touch Cover to compare it would be good. I can do two-finger diagonal scrolling, fingers close, fingers apart, on my Touch Cover and it works.

OP
L

lkailburn

hrm yeah when I flip it back to the front it rarely enables the keyboard again. I might stop by staples and ask them about it and also try two finger scrolling on the demo type cover.