What's new

Two issues: Need Help

Gizmo2005

I have a Surface Book 2 (Core i5, 8gb, 256ssd). I have had it for two months now and have noticed two problems so far:

1. When I go from work to home (or from home to work), the wifi doesn't automatically connect to each location. It always says, "Connected, but no internet access". To get this to work, I have to restart each time. Pain in the butt, but it also works.
  2. I can't power on with battery around 30%. If I connect the power cable, I can. But other wise, I push down the Power button and it does nothing.
Please help.

Thanks-

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Surface Book 2 (Core i5, 8gb, 256ssd). I have had it for two months now and have noticed two problems so far:

1. When I go from work to home (or from home to work), the wifi doesn't automatically connect to each location. It always says, "Connected, but no internet access". To get this to work, I have to restart each time. Pain in the butt, but it also works.
  2. I can't power on with battery around 30%. If I connect the power cable, I can. But other wise, I push down the Power button and it does nothing.
Please help.

Thanks-
Are you running the latest Firmware Updates? Is your Windows 10 up to date? These were bugs that manifested last January and were fixed by February's updates IIRC.

OP
G

Gizmo2005

I did all the latest updates last week:

Yesterday, I was at work and everything was working fine. At 5pm, I closed the lid, put the SB in my bag and took it home. Later on that night, I opened the SB, it turned on, but the internet wasn't available. There was no exclamation mark on the internet icon (lower right). but there was no internet. It showed it connected to my network. I had to restart to get it to work. Please help. This is a pain in the rear. Wondering if it's something in the settings.

FYI...when I hover my mouse over the internet icon on the lower right this is what I see:

Name of network
Internet Access

Unidentified Network
No Internet Access

This morning. Same thing. Opened up the laptop, it shows the SB connected to my work's network, but no internet. No yellow exclamation. It's connected. But no internet.

Last edited:

Wayne Orwig

I think I would try going through all of the WiFis and forgetting them. Then reconnecting the ones you need.

bangsters

Hey. That has happened to me a few weeks back. I deleted my home network, and re-added it, after installing windows updates. so far hasn't happened again.

Hope this helps.