What's new

Type Cover 2 (Coloured) availibility

apoc_reg

Anyone know when the coloured ones will be available to order (or have i missed out)? In the UK store the black one is available to pre-order but not the colours.

Cheers!

kristalsoldier

Anyone know when the coloured ones will be available to order (or have i missed out)? In the UK store the black one is available to pre-order but not the colours.

Cheers!

Yeah...well, this is something that I am eagerly waiting for too! I don't like that phrase "coming soon"...it could mean anything!

OP
A

apoc_reg

Ha yes thats exactly my reaction to coming soon! I'd prefer "Will be available at launch and soon you can order"...!

Rallicat

Several accessories appear to be unavailable for pre-order in the UK store. The coloured touch and type cover 2's, I can't seem to find the Bluetooth wireless adapter for the keyboard covers either.

Hopefully these will appear in the store when the official launch date comes - we'll see!

xbilly

Spoke to Microsoft Store support and was told that the cyan, magenta and purple type covers will be available to buy on or around w/c October 28 from MS Store in UK.

oion

I wonder if it would've been better for MS to continue allowing preorders on items that "ran out" but add a big ol' warning text that the shipment will be delayed with an estimated time. I suspect some people would have been satisfied just to get their hand in and order the darn things and be done with it, rather than keep checking, even if there is a delay. Some vendors do this--if it's in stock, it'll ship in 3-5 days, but if it's "temporarily out of stock," it'll ship in like 3-5 weeks.

CrippsCorner

Yeah...well, this is something that I am eagerly waiting for too! I don't like that phrase "coming soon"...it could mean anything!

With you there... Microsoft UK's Surface site said 'Coming soon' for the original Surface from December 2012. Man, that was a painful wait.

pvtpyle75

For those looking for some color, Best Buy in the US (or at least Arizona) now has the Cyan and Magenta available for pickup immediately in some locations. I placed an order for the cyan type cover 2 earlier today and got my pickup notification about an hour later. Going tomorrow morning to pick it up.