What's new

Type Cover 4 not compatible with wireless adapter?

jmoe316

Hello,

Just received my SP4 yesterday and it is great. Upgraded from the original SP and love that it is thinner and lighter. I have a wireless adapter for my original typing cover and want to use that with my SP4. I synced the adapter fine and when I connect it to the type cover 4, the light comes on the adapter but I can't type or use the mouse. If I take the adapter off and put it on the original type cover, I can use it with my SP4.

I find it hard to believe but is the Type Cover 4 actually not compatible with the wireless type cover adapter? Want to use this at work and dont want the surface infront of me all the time just to type.

Thoughts?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I just delivered one of those wireless adapters to someone last week. It worked fine on both the SP3 and SP4 type covers. Actually the user said it wasn't working on the SP4 but by the time I walked over and started banging on the keyboard it was working fine. He accused me of having magic fingers.;)

Last edited:
OP
J

jmoe316

Thanks for the reply and the confirmation it should work. My adapter has been a little flaky lately and loses connection every now and then with the magnetic connector. I'll keep at it and see if it connects. Glad I can use my new type cover as it is way beyond the original.

Thanks!

Drclawscat

I have the same issue and my Spro 4 type cover is not responding with the wireless adapter. It will pair but not respond. How did you get it working leeshor?

leeshor

I have the same issue and my Spro 4 type cover is not responding with the wireless adapter. It will pair but not respond. How did you get it working leeshor?
Welcome to the forum

I dont remember everything I did to get it to work but I did something and it just worked. I bought it for someone else and connected it for them just fine.

Drclawscat

Welcome to the forum

I dont remember everything I did to get it to work but I did something and it just worked. I bought it for someone else and connected it for them just fine.

Thanks I could not get it to work still so it might be going back. All indications on the product page near the bottom of the questions area is that other users haven't gotten it to work or work properly.

product page

Also I notice the key pressure on the 4 is stiffer than the type cover 3. I have REALLY sensitive fingers from years of typing at work and fell in love with the 3 keyboard since the key depression and pressure was shallow and extremely gentle. I love the trackpad and layout of the new 4 but my fingers ache after typing for a little bit. It's the reason I got the bluetooth wireless adapter so I could use the 3 keyboard on all my devices.

leeshor

My friend loves his wireless adapter. It's actually on his work SP3. He mentioned to me one day that he preferred the type cover over the keyboard he w as using when his Surface was in the dock. But his wife, my niece, has a Pro 4 and I initially set it up on the 4 but it worked great on the 3.

LenV

MS Support worked with me for half an hour and then confirmed that the wireless Bluetooth will not work with the SP 4 touch cover. As expected, had no idea as to whether a fix was in the pipeline now or if ever. Disappointed.

leeshor

That's very strange since I was able to get it to work. (only once and for all of 5 minutes);)