What's new

Type Cover Color Popularity

What is your Type Cover's color?

• Total voters

Aeron15

I originally got the Cyan one thinking it's a color that's not mainstream. I wanted to be different. I thought people would be using black. Then I found out that every review site seems to be featuring the Cyan one. I've seen people around me using Cyan as well >_< Turns out it is a very popular choice XD.

riggi

I got cyan too. I think it goes well with the grey case.
I got black for my SP1 as I thought it looked better with the black case, plus I thought it would be more resistant to dirt.
Now, I use a BT keyboard most of the time, so mainly use the type cover as a cover rather than a keyboard.
I imagine my cyan palm rest would get pretty dirty if I was typing on it a lot. My sp1 type cover has developed quite a shine in places after about 18 months of use.

kristalsoldier

I got cyan too. I think it goes well with the grey case.
I got black for my SP1 as I thought it looked better with the black case, plus I thought it would be more resistant to dirt.
Now, I use a BT keyboard most of the time, so mainly use the type cover as a cover rather than a keyboard.
I imagine my cyan palm rest would get pretty dirty if I was typing on it a lot. My sp1 type cover has developed quite a shine in places after about 18 months of use.

This is exactly what has happened to my Blue Type Cover. Well, not so much dirty, but worn out. I tried to clean it with soapy water as per MS's directions, but to no avail. I wish MS would have used a different material. And, while on the subject - though tangential to it - I also wish MS would release a Cover minus the keys, which would be very useful when using the SP3 in tablet-mode. Yes, I know the Type Cover can be flipped over etc., but having a dedicated keyless Cover would be an optimal option.

nipponham

I was originally looking to get the red type cover but it was a Microsoft store exclusive in Japan. I got the blue one instead through Amazon.

Black mine is , wanted dark blue at first but ended up buying black as they had no blue in stock , glad I got black now really happy with it

kristalsoldier

Hey...the folk with the black cover...do you notice any surface degradation around where the base of your palm rests on the Type Cover? Does the area become shiny and somewhat discoloured?

Jose Miguel

mmmhhh, I chosed black, but at the time I bought it in the MS online store, red, cyan and blue where not avalaible. In the poll red appears to be scarce ......