What's new

Type Cover Issue

double07

I picked up type 3 cover using Staples 20% off, Nice... still valid till 7/5. I have been using the type 2 prior to the type 3. I have not seen the issue you mentioned on neither type 2 or type 3. I know it is not helping you, I just want to let you know that I don't see the issue.

OP
T

TylerT

Alright, so the update history showed that all the updates passed without failure. Here is screenshot of the device manager:
Capture.PNG

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Your Surface Type Cover is not showing up in device manger then....it should list Surface Type Cover Filter Driver as well under the Keyboards entry...

What happens when you go up to View and select show hidden devices?

OP
T

TylerT

The cover is attached. Definitely a hardware issue then? Or could this be a missing driver issue?

double07

My take: You shouldn't have to do anything to get the type cover to work. It should just work. It seems like you have tried many different things. If this was a non-Microsoft keyboard, then I would lean toward the driver. At this point, I would think it is HW issue. It might be your SF3 or it might just be that specific type cover. It could be bad contact. I would bring your device to local Microsoft store or Best Buy and test it out.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would take the entire set back to a Microsoft Store so they can test to see if it is the cover or the Unit....if you put a new one on it works it was your cover, if it doesn't it is the unit....

OP
T

TylerT

Alright, I'm planning to visit a place with a Microsoft Store next week anyways. I'll bring it have them check then. Thanks again everyone for all the advice and help. Man, I really like this Surface too. Ah well, I guess there were gonna be some problems with a big roll out.

KCIC

Thoughts? I've refreshed and rebuilt the Surface Pro 3. I have had our Vendor send a replacement surface and type cover and still no luck. The driver will not install. I assume bad hardware..... I try manually installing the Surface Type Cover Filter Device Driver and I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Attachments

• Type Cover.PNG
    Type Cover.PNG
    66.9 KB · Views: 589

ipaq_101

Alright, I'm planning to visit a place with a Microsoft Store next week anyways. I'll bring it have them check then. Thanks again everyone for all the advice and help. Man, I really like this Surface too. Ah well, I guess there were gonna be some problems with a big roll out.

I bought my SP3 and keyboard online, they will take care of you in the store so don't worry about that, just bring your receipt.

Also, do yourself a favor and make an appointment online, it's easy to do, but it will save you a ton of time, especially as they are really busy during weekends.