What's new

Type Cover mouse pad randomly stops working?

spinachpie

I am typing through my type cover right now, but this is the second time the mouse cursor and trackpad have just disappeared and/or stopped working.

Faulty type cover or is this to be expected?

Liam2349

I am typing through my type cover right now, but this is the second time the mouse cursor and trackpad have just disappeared and/or stopped working.

Faulty type cover or is this to be expected?

This literally just happened to me. Sorry, not aware of a fix. Try checking for Windows updates with the cover attached.

dniezby

I don't think it's a problem with the type cover.

I think it's an issue with memory.

I'm no computer wizard so don't quote me. I think the buffer or cache or whatever is full and it takes a moment to clear it out.

I've only had this happen to me when I have a lot of programs open. It freezes up a few or even vanishes then returns and works fine.

I "think" this is the case. Similar to when playing a video game on X-Box or PS4...Game may lag a moment while it saves or moves data around.

Just a thought...

OP
spinachpie

spinachpie

Thanks for the responses.

It has just happened again to me and I only have my browser open.

Tried re-attaching and still no cursor.

nipponham

I've experienced this as well, although only twice in the two months I've had this device. Both times I rebooted the machine to fix the issue. It's not a deal-breaker, but annoying nonetheless.

Antitoon

It happened to be yesterday. I detached and re-attached the keyboard and it worked again. I hope it doesn't happen often!

Mikewired

Now mine has done it twice yesterday. Alt tab still worked but track pad and opther functions did not. I don't know what is causing it.

baptiste

I have the same problem here on Surface Pro 2.
I had the problems a few times over severals weeks, but now it's happening all the time.
If I unplug the keyboard and plug it again, the mousepad will work for a minute or two and then stop working or act as if I was using two fingers even if I use only one... Taps and click are also unusable...
I'm Still trying to figure out what's going on...

Liam2349

I have the same problem here on Surface Pro 2.
I had the problems a few times over severals weeks, but now it's happening all the time.
If I unplug the keyboard and plug it again, the mousepad will work for a minute or two and then stop working or act as if I was using two fingers even if I use only one... Taps and click are also unusable...
I'm Still trying to figure out what's going on...

Honestly, I think the SP2 trackpad just does this.

Aurelio

It happened with me today.... I just turn off the screen and turn on again (using the power button) Problems solved!! heheheheheheh