What's new

Type Cover problem?

Omni

I've noticed the track pad on my type cover isn't great. Certainly not as good as my touch cover. Would love it to be more responsive.

rilot

Also if you have a SP you can down load the Microsoft mouse and keyboard settings app- it is in addition to the app in the app store.. you will need to go to MS site -not app store to get it- just BING it or search the forum I linked it in another thread. It should take care of your issues. My type cover which I got on launch day is very responsive and the trackpad is very quick and responsive as well.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

I've installed that and it just says "No Device Detected". Not sure how you got it to work with your type cover.
The unresponsive scroll is driving me nuts now. It's a shame that MS just couldn't get either cover right. Type cover has unresponsive scrolling. Touch cover has a delay when switching between scrolling and mouse moving.

bertopl

I've installed that and it just says "No Device Detected". Not sure how you got it to work with your type cover.
The unresponsive scroll is driving me nuts now. It's a shame that MS just couldn't get either cover right. Type cover has unresponsive scrolling. Touch cover has a delay when switching between scrolling and mouse moving.

I was under the assumption that the microsoft mouse and keyboard settings app was for bluetooth devices. never got it to do anything until I got a bluetooth wedge mouse. did you try the "trackpad settings" app I suggested? it's a free app on the app store and it can disable the trackpad.

rilot

Yeah, tried that. No options in increase the sensitivity of the pad. I guess it's just a hardware issue.

Nuspieds

Yeah, tried that. No options in increase the sensitivity of the pad. I guess it's just a hardware issue.
That is absolutely amazing! You want/need to increase the sensitivity?! Something must definitely be wrong because there are many of us who have resorted to installing the MS Trackpad Settings app so that we could disable the Trackpad because it was too sensitive and causing us all sorts of grief when we were using the Type Cover for basic typing functions.

Before concluding that it is a hardware issue, you just might want to drop into a store and try another one out to see if you get the same response.

rilot

Store ones are the same.
It's the two finger scrolling sensitivity I want to change. It frequently registers a two finger scroll as just a mouse movement which is extremely irritating when scrolling through a document.

Nuspieds

Store ones are the same.
It's the two finger scrolling sensitivity I want to change. It frequently registers a two finger scroll as just a mouse movement which is extremely irritating when scrolling through a document.
Oh, then hopefully that upcoming fix/improvement they're working on eventually resolves the problem.