What's new

Type Keyboard double scrolling

Jandar

Occasionally, when I need to scroll a page and I press the touchpad rather than click it, the page will scroll twice, forcing me to scroll back up. I've also noticed that when hovering my finger just above the touchpad, the Surface sometimes registers this as a click. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Other than this behavior, the type pro seems to be working great.

Bandito

Yes, I've noticed this behavior also. It seems that the touchpad is highly sensitive and maybe even too sensitive. I wish that there was some sort of sensitivity adjustment for it. It can be rather annoying at times.

Connectx

--IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IT TO MICROSOFT, BECAUSE IT IS A BUG ON MANY UNITS, AND IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND CORRECTED BY MICROSOFT--

I am certain that this is NOT a sensitivity issue
on the touchpad/keyboard. I think this is an actual software bug [I explain just below], OR a problem with the connector of the keyboard, perhaps. We need to report this problem to Microsoft, so they can fix it.

It is incredibly annoying, and it destroys serious functionality of the entire Surface Pro 3. It is an error, and it needs to be fixed.

I have gone through two Surface Pro 3s in the past 2 weeks (had to return a defective unit), and the issue was actually even worse on the other one.

I have also seen the exact problem on NINE DIFFERENT SURFACE PRO 3 UNITS. It is particularly bad when you use the touchpad to scroll on the arrow in Internet Explorer. It almost always does a double-scroll.

No amount of fiddling with the touch-pad settings in Windows will correct it.

In some cases, it affects the functionality of other software as well, not just scrolling.

The problem exists on all the Surface Pro 3 units, and store demo units, that I have tried so far.

Here is why I know it is a bug with the Surface Pro 3 specifically:

(1) When I take my keyboard from my Surface Pro 2 (the slightly smaller keyboard, which is still compatible with the Surface Pro 3) and attach it to the Surface Pro 3, the same issue of double-scrolling still happens, but that scrolling issue doesn't happen with that keyboard on the Surface Pro 2.

(2) It doesn't always happen. It happens about 70% of the time you tap. It is NOT supposed to scroll that way, and it is clearly an error. How do I know? Because if you click with the actual BUTTON on the touchpad, it only does a single scroll.

And sorry--- I'm just going to pre-empt people's less-than-useful reponses and say this: as many people have already said to me, before anyone replies with, "Well, just don't do that, and click on the button instead", please realize that this is a FAULT that needs to be corrected, and most people don't WANT to "just click on the button" --- they want to use "tap" feature opn the touchpad specifically because it is more convenient. And that is the functionality it is supposed to provide. I want to use the touchpad, and I want the touchpad to function correctly when I paid over $1500 for a Surface Pro 3. (And, no, I don't want to use the touchscreen instead. It is far less convenient when typing).

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IT TO MICROSOFT, BECAUSE IT IS A BUG, AND IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Thanks!