What's new

UK buyers

Timmy bolt

For those in the uk and in the market for the new surface 3, Currys are doing a 128gb \ 4gb + black keyboard deal for £529, a very satisfying £80 less than the MS store price of £609 for the two.

Makes the keyboard a respectable £30 accessory provided you don't mind the colour. Pity it doesn't come with the pen as well though, that would have been salivating.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...-cover-keyboard-bundle-10127038-pdt.html#page

Me? Ive got one on order and provided no pleasant surprises come out of the build conference at the end of the month to put a spanner in the works, looking forward to the 7th May.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
From my experience with the sp3 my view is this.

If you are a student, check out the student discount prices MS offers, mine ended up being more than the £100 discount pc world offered

If not, yes, pc world seem to be doing good offers on the surface lines. Definately look at John Lewis though. Their customer support is absolutely top notch and if you can talk the talk, you can often get them to price match a competitors discount offer. John lewis also have a tendency of throwing in a free 2-3 year warranty and also offer a very affordable and comprehensive insurance policy akin to extended warranty

OP
T

Timmy bolt

Good shout, I might see if John Lewis will price match. My SP2 was from JL for the very reasons you mention. The S3 is not on their website yet but plenty of time before the 7th.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
IIRC with the sp3 JL also offered a discount (think it must have been an MS mandate that these big stores offer a promotion to push the product)

CrippsCorner

Good shout, I might see if John Lewis will price match. My SP2 was from JL for the very reasons you mention. The S3 is not on their website yet but plenty of time before the 7th.

John Lewis won't price match until the product is actually available; tried that before!