What's new

UK Excitement building - shipping date 12th Nov

stammie

It's an absolute ball ache. Been on the phone with them all afternoon instead of doing important work. I have to buy through MS though for the 10% student discount, otherwise it would have been john lewis every day of the week.

every support live chat ended up being terminated for "reasons beyond our control", so then i went to my MS orders and tried to manually request a return, but my order list had been deleted so no products to return, so then i phoned up yet again and get a return sorted. So then went back online to re-buy the device to be told that i had reached my limit of student discounts for the device, so then back on the phone to place the order with them, and natwest has locked my card because they think it is fraud, so then on the phone to natwest to resolve that, and now waiting for a callback from microsoft to retry payment.

This is the complete opposite of my previous experience with customer service regarding my SP3. That was as close to perfect as CS can be, this time though, what an absolute nightmare!

Oh, and because i had used the machine and saved passwords etc, i decided to do a reset prior to boxing it backup, and it's been stuck on 7% for the past few hours. Not very impressed!

You have my full sympathies for having to go through that, please believe me when I say I'm not gloating but your story has fully vindicated my decision not to pre-order from MS or Currys/PC World (I only buy from Currys when they have a deal too good to not buy from them) and take a chance on JL having stock in when the SP4 came out.
I really hope you get everything sorted soon.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have my full sympathies for having to go through that, please believe me when I say I'm not gloating but your story has fully vindicated my decision not to pre-order from MS or Currys/PC World (I only buy from Currys when they have a deal too good to not buy from them) and take a chance on JL having stock in when the SP4 came out.
I really hope you get everything sorted soon.

Well new one is ordered, and hopefully arrives tomorrow (I need it pronto as my SP3 is a birthday present to my partner and like hell i'm using the S3 for my work). As i say, last year i had nothing but a good experience with pre-ordering the sp3, so went through microsoft again, but if it wasn't for the student discount (well if it wasn't for the discount i wouldn't have bought it :p) i would have gone to JL, especially as you get 2 years warranty.

OP
H

Hovesteve

Just had an email from Microsoft apologising for the non delivery of my light blue touch cover. Said there had been 'issues' with the units New shipping date by the 1st December. And by way of an apology a £15 credit note for the MS store. (I've already put it towards an Xbox One chat pad)