What's new

UK launch of Surface Pro 3 soon

Liam2349

Moonsurface,

I know exactly how you feel. I had gone to the Microsoft store at a local mall to pickup some Surface Pro accessories and walked out with the bag with a big Windows logo on it. I then had to go to the Apple store just upstairs from the Microsoft store to pick up some other things.

Walking around the Apple store with the Microsoft bag I felt like all eyes were upon me! Probably just my imagination, but it did feel very awkward to me.

I could've gone to the Apple store first, but then would've stuck out in the Microsoft store with an Apple bag. No way to win in this situation unless I had dashed out to the car in between trips, but I'm far too lazy for that! :D

Don't worry about it - last time I went into an Apple shop I was just stood there with my Note 3.

kristalsoldier

When I went to buy my iPad Air at the local Apple store, I made sure to take out my Surface 2 (RT), which I was using at that time to check (unnecessarily, I might add) some mails in front of the guy who was helping me set up the iPad. I was surprised to see him take keen interest in the Surface. I was even more surprised to find that he called a few of his colleagues to show them the Surface. To all intents and purposes, they seemed to appreciate it.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aww that's nice, I just felt distinctly uncomfortable in the Apple store and it was at the time of the big sue/countersue between Apple and Samsung...LOL. I've never owned an Apple device, it's not that I hate them (I would consider a mac maybe) but I've just never subscribed, I'm an Android user for phone and I could never go to the closed Apple system after Android. I would however consider windows phone.

Anyway back to topic I see that Microsoft are doing a "Surface pro 3 Tour" of stores across the UK. As tehre doesn't appear to be any MS stores on it just Currys/PC world and the like it would seem to confirm no UK Microsoft stores exist.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for that link moonsurface. I'm actually off to london on the 20th and had been planning on visiting sydenham while house hunting so that's perfect timing :)

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
:)
I'm really hoping I get my Surface by it's due date as I'm away the week after. I'll be mightily annoyed if it's nto with me as I'm away and doing a couple of photoshoots, perfect time to test out the device's capabilities as it is exactly what I bought it for. I'm confident that even if throttled it'll prove to be vastly superior to my old Dell Studio 15 laptop which would otherwise go with me, I REALLY don't want to take that chunky, heavy no-battery life thing that blows the fan all the time for no reason...

OP
O

OWENCOBB

Just went to my local pc world store and ordered the 128gb version and keyboard, it will be delivered to them by Monday and can be collected after 6pm next Wednesday 27 august, just counting down the days now and also got my £100 cash back so I can claim that back after the 9 September

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully that measn I should get mine Mid week next week... SOOO EXCITED!

Telling really that two people were talking to me about Surface Pro 3 at work today, two who are techy people but I'd only mentioned the SP3 in passing some time ago. I guess they must have seen some recent advertising etc. They both seemed very interested in it where I'd never heard anyone talk about the Surface pro range before. Always Ipads, Sony's, ultrabooks and macbooks

OP
O

OWENCOBB

Hopefully that measn I should get mine Mid week next week... SOOO EXCITED!

Telling really that two people were talking to me about Surface Pro 3 at work today, two who are techy people but I'd only mentioned the SP3 in passing some time ago. I guess they must have seen some recent advertising etc. They both seemed very interested in it where I'd never heard anyone talk about the Surface pro range before. Always Ipads, Sony's, ultrabooks and macbooks

Where did you order yours from

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking forward to getting to play with one on thursday :)

Today has been a very useful day. Needed to be by a phone so as to contact various estate agent and was finding that it was an utter pain trying to search for houses using my nexus 10. So i grabbed my mothers series 9 samsung ultrabook (1.4ghz i5 8gb ram, 128gb ssd) and while using a real computer is infinately better for near anything compared to mobile browsers, this is the device i had been looking as the alternative. I can get a 9 series for £450, or i can go and spend £750-1000 on a surface. all i now know is that it's £450 for a reason. That was one sluggish POS. To the point of almost being unusable at times. SP3 is back at the top of the list without an issue of opportunity cost :)

Englando

Quidco are currently offering £100 cashback on Pro 3 orders from the UK Microsoft online store. I've used Quidco quite a lot of times so they are reputable. Think the offer ends on 23rd August.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quidco are currently offering £100 cashback on Pro 3 orders from the UK Microsoft online store. I've used Quidco quite a lot of times so they are reputable. Think the offer ends on 23rd August.

I'mm annoyed actually as my orignal pre-order was via quidco but the new order on the phone probably won't trackfor this now. I'm tempted to cancel yet again and re-order with the quidco link... but that's too much messing about. Right pickle I've got myself into!