What's new

UK Owners

ShiroEd

Hey gang,

Has anyone here taken delivery of their SP3 from any UK retailers yet?

I pre-ordered mine (i7/8GB/256GB) from PC World and I've been given the run around all day today as I tried to find out any information as to if they even have them in stock!

I was told the following - In order of calls:

Yes we have them in stock and one has been allocated to you.
No we don't have them in stock and I can't tell you when we will get them in stock.
Yes one has been allocated to you but they are showing as Out Of Stock so I don't know if you will get it.
Yes we have them in stock and one has been set aside for you but it won't be delivered until next week.

I noticed that John Lewis had the i7 in stock yesterday but its showing as Out Of Stock today.

I'd like to say "Oh well, I guess I'll get it next week sometime." BUT I WANT IT NOW!

Liam2349

Hey gang,

I pre-ordered mine (i7/8GB/256GB) from PC World and I've been given the run around all day today as I tried to find out any information as to if they even have them in stock!

No we don't have them in stock and I can't tell you when we will get them in stock.
Yes one has been allocated to you but they are showing as Out Of Stock so I don't know if you will get it.
Yes we have them in stock and one has been set aside for you but it won't be delivered until next week.

I noticed that John Lewis had the i7 in stock yesterday but its showing as Out Of Stock today.

I'd like to say "Oh well, I guess I'll get it next week sometime." BUT I WANT IT NOW!

I know the feeling. I got mine delivered from Microsoft Store yesterday - I would have seriously considered PC World if it wasn't for my student discount, guess it's a good job I didn't.

I guess all you can do is maybe go into a store and ask, at least they have bricks and mortar all over the place - it's really bad to get inconsistencies like this though.

iDatus

I just got mine, i5 8GB. I got it from pcworld but had to go to business part. They ordered it for me and it turned up today.
The i5 8GB is mega rare, I think its the most popular one and any units sent to UK I guess went to pre-orders.
The dark blue kb is real nice.
Pc world shops are only doing the 2 cheapest models.
JL doing all but i5 8GB and may have some in stores if your lucky.
Argos doing i3 only model.

Liam2349

I just got mine, i5 8GB. I got it from pcworld but had to go to business part. They ordered it for me and it turned up today.
The i5 8GB is mega rare, I think its the most popular one and any units sent to UK I guess went to pre-orders.
The dark blue kb is real nice.
Pc world shops are only doing the 2 cheapest models.
JL doing all but i5 8GB and may have some in stores if your lucky.
Argos doing i3 only model.

PC World seems to sell all but the 512 GB model online. I noticed John Lewis sells all but the i5/256 though which is the one I have.

iDatus

but if you notice you cant actually even order one online at pcworld now.
you can collect in store only. then when you put your post code in its says out of stock.
now my question for the poor soles who dont have this and want one. whens MS next shipment coming.

Nogg

Hey gang,

I spoke to their phone support today (mine is from the Curry's site) and they said mine (i7 256) was sitting waiting to be picked up by DPD and I should get an email today, not had anything come through yet. They first of all said mine was out of stock and then checked something and corrected himself and said it was actually ready for pickup. I pre ordered on Sunday. Also got a blue KB, same status.

Nogg

I'll post if I get anything through, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll see anything before Monday at this stage, only good point is when DPD do get it they are usually pretty awesome. Makes me wish I had pre ordered from Microsoft a bit now though!

Adrain

Got to say that I nearly went with PC World as I wanted the I5/256 but John Lewis's 3 year warranty swayed me and I ended up getting the i7/256 and have to say its absolutely tremendous. Have had none of the issues that every one else has talked about.

I hope you are all as satisfied as I am with mine. After 6 years of Ipads it is a great piece of tech. Still got to iron out a few bugs (slow wireless etc) but other than that fantastic.

Adrian

marty_g

@ShiroEd, I can feel your frustration, but trust me it will be worth the wait!!

@Adrain, I love my SP3 i7 8GB 256GB, it's a fantastic bit of kit. I got mine on launch day in the US at the begining of the month, much better pricing and tax free weekend to boot!!!

Enjoy!!

Samstables

I got mine yesterday which was a nice surprise as I'd only bitten the bullet to buy it on Wednesday! I got it direct from Microsoft Store due to Student discount (plus another deal with basically paid for my keyboard, yay!). Am pretty impressed - went for i7/256. Was very hot and noisy when syncing 17gb of Dropbox files but is now silent and cool to touch. Am in the process of getting all my software on it, then have to write a couple of assignments before I am allowed a proper play on it - am hoping the anticipation will spur on my essay writing skills :)