What's new

ummm... oops I just bought one i5 Surface pro

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I noticed on the UK microsoft store they were selling surface pro i5 256 with the signature type cover for £999... when the surface pro i5 on it's own was £1124 on a "special deal £100 off"... ummm ok then.

so I clicked buy.

It all happened very quickly. :eek::eek::eek::eek::Do_O

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
It turned up today and I have to say it's a nice device. I know there may be a new one on the way but this one is still two generations newer than I'm used to and I was still in love with my SP3.

The i5 is disconcertingly quiet. I guess I'd got so used to the hissing sound from the i7 SP3 that now this makes no sound I find it odd!! I love the bigger screen and rounded corners and the alcantara type cover feels lovely too. Here's to another fabulous 4 years with my new device :)

BubbaUK

I noticed on the UK microsoft store they were selling surface pro i5 256 with the signature type cover for £999... when the surface pro i5 on it's own was £1124 on a "special deal £100 off"... ummm ok then.

so I clicked buy.

It all happened very quickly. :eek::eek::eek::eek::Do_O
Thanks for the heads-up on the UK discount, I'm still on the SPro3 but I feel like a refresh.

Does the signature type cover fit okay with the 3?

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the heads-up on the UK discount, I'm still on the SPro3 but I feel like a refresh.

Does the signature type cover fit okay with the 3?
Looks exactly the same as the pro 4 cover which I was using on my Pro3 but has an alcantara finish so it's more luxurious.

I think the discount is because of new models coming in Oct as the pro 2017 has been out a year now. I'm not worried as it's plenty of device for me :)

BubbaUK

I'm thinking there won't be much of an upgrade in October really, apart from a faster CPU, which isn't really that useful to me.

I can't imagine they'd reduce the price on the new models either, as they'd need some headroom for subsequent Surface Go models, so the current i5 is a pretty good buy now I think.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking there won't be much of an upgrade in October really, apart from a faster CPU, which isn't really that useful to me.

I can't imagine they'd reduce the price on the new models either, as they'd need some headroom for subsequent Surface Go models, so the current i5 is a pretty good buy now I think.

Sounds sensible :)

Very happy with the i5 so far. I am so totally unused to not hearing any sound though - it's really odd. I never actually realised how much noise the i7 SP3 makes - I mean it's not that loud but it was pretty constant.