What's new

Unable to adjust sound quality on my brand new Surface Book 2

Bronzato

1st. On my others Win 10 computers I see an enhancements tab on like on the picture below. On my brand new Surface Book 2 laptop this tab is not present. Does any other people with a Surface laptop experience the same problem ?

c01961010.gif

2nd. I see the 'Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)' listed in the Device Manager. Normally with Realtek there should be a 'Realtek HD audio manager'. An application allowing me to adjust sound (equalizers, more basses, ...). But I don't have that application on my computer. Does any other people with a Surface laptop experience the same problem ?

Thanks.

OP
B

Bronzato

Hello theveterans, thanks for your quick response. Finally I discovered something... If I plug an ordinary earphone the Enhancement tab is not presdent but after that I connected another earphone by bluetooth this time and guess what ? The Enhancement tab appearred ! So it seems to have something to do with the device connected itself. Thanks to this Enhancement tab I can adjust bass and the sound is far more better.

It's 100% driver dependent. If I use my external USB Audio Interface (aka external sound card for harder to drive headphones), I get the enhancements tab as well
Capture.PNG