What's new

unable to download apps

wunumpi

Apps Store

I've been trying to download some apps and games from the apps store and they've been sitting pending for the last four days. One managed to get through but the others are just hanging. I have an active internet connection and everything else is working, but the apps won't come through. I'm not getting any region warnings so I'm at a loss as to what is wrong. Can anyone help?

OP
W

wunumpi

I've been trying to download some apps and games from the apps store and they've been sitting pending for the last four days. One managed to get through but the others are just hanging. I have an active internet connection and everything else is working, but the apps won't come through. I'm not getting any region warnings so I'm at a loss as to what is wrong. Can anyone help?

OP
W

wunumpi

I cancelled my downloads and tried to download one at a time. After hanging for a couple of hours I just got the message that my purchase could not be completed. This is getting extremely frustrating. Someone in another forum said something about emptying a cache file? Does this ring any bells?

ArnoldC

Let me look into it later, I'm current watching on my RT.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

ArnoldC

Ok, from the Start screen, just type wsreset and an application will showup with a Windows Store icon beside it. Run it.

Last edited:

Yeff

Bring up the Charm Bar and in Search type cmd to bring up the Command Prompt. Type (without the quotes) "wsreset.exe". You'll get a message that says, "The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps". Hope this helps.

stlbud

According to Mary Jo Foley on Windows Weekly, this is a known problem and Microsoft is working on it. Expect a fix on "Update Tuesday". For now, and as others have suggested, you can run wsreset.exe by selecting Search from the Start Screen, Type wsreset, and tap the icon. Your screen will change to the desktop and a command prompt window will open briefly, then you should get a message that the cache has been cleared and you can proceed searching the Microsoft store. I have also had to shut-down and power up on some occasions to get this to work.