What's new

Unable to get purchased games showing on kids accounts ...

darrenge

I have one account linked to my Windows Live account on the Surface. I then created two other accounts (one for each kid) that are not linked to an email account. I don't want them being able to go out to the store and buy things etc.

I can get apps / games installed on their accounts relatively easy. I just install under my account then go to their account and go to store and look at apps that aren't installed (swipe down from top). I then install it on theirs and it is quick (secs) and easy.

The problem I am having is with purchased extras \ games. For example - Microsoft Pinball FX2 has one default table for free. You can buy extra tables. When I buy the table, it appears on mine but I can not get it to show on my kids accounts.

The same is true for "Where's my Water" extras. I can get the Where's My Water free one on there, but if I want the "Cranky" extra that costs $1.99 or the "Mystery Ducks" for $1.99, I can't get them on their's. I don't want them to be using my logged in account as they could go to my apps \ email \ store etc.

Do I have to buy Cranky's three times (one for me, and one for each kid)? That doesn't make sense. Where is the "install for everyone on this machine" option?

Thanks
Darren

OP
D

darrenge

Yep - done that. I have set up the family settings for each one but unfortunately, I couldn't find anything in there that would restrict it. I do like the family settings feature though. Very cool to get the email of all their activity etc.

Thanks
Darren

OP
D

darrenge

A bit of of update. I went to my kid's account and just did a "Buy" on those Where's My Water games and it asked if I wanted to buy it. I said "yes" and it sat there in "Processing" state for a while. I then cancelled it and the games were active for them to play. At least that is one game, but it sure seems like the whole model is messed up on licensing \ buying games etc.

J515OP

Super Moderator
A bit of of update. I went to my kid's account and just did a "Buy" on those Where's My Water games and it asked if I wanted to buy it. I said "yes" and it sat there in "Processing" state for a while. I then cancelled it and the games were active for them to play. At least that is one game, but it sure seems like the whole model is messed up on licensing \ buying games etc.

Search the forum, I am pretty sure this has been addressed (found it http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...pps-i-purchase-work-another-user-account.html). I don't believe you need to jump through any strange hoops to make this happen. If you buy the games you are authorized for 5 devices. You simply have to login with the purchasing account though the second account or something like that. Try reading through the thread and see if that helps.