What's new

unable to take pics

zze86

Seems now like I cant take any photos. I open up the camera app and click on the screen to take a pic. Then I get the error message: "Something went wrong while taking this photo." Not very helpful. Tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but still get the same error message. Checked device manager and the two cameras are there plus you do see the image on screen so of course the camera is being recognized...anybody knows whats going on?

Atthisaddress

Seems now like I cant take any photos. I open up the camera app and click on the screen to take a pic. Then I get the error message: "Something went wrong while taking this photo." Not very helpful. Tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but still get the same error message. Checked device manager and the two cameras are there plus you do see the image on screen so of course the camera is being recognized...anybody knows whats going on?

Yes, it isn't the app, it's the destination folders. Try this: Open the Library in Desktop. On the left side, right click on Libraries, select Restore default libraries. If that doesn't work, try right clicking on the Pictures and Videos folders, go to Properties, in the lower right corner select Restore defaults, then select Apply. If that doesn't work delete the Picture and Video folders, then create new ones with the same names, go to Properties, in the lower right corner select Restore defaults, then select Apply.