What's new

Unlock screen glitch

Ewarwoowar

Hey guys,

Recently got a Surface Pro 128GB.

Unfortunately I had to refresh windows on it yesterday as I had a mishap with some software and to save messing about I just refreshed the whole tablet.

But today at work I noticed that when I unlock the tablet on the screen where you slide the picture upwards, for a brief second as the tablet comes out of sleep I see the password screen or picture password flash behind the slide up picture.
It's hard to describe in words so here is a video:
[video=youtube_share;vLUTDHM0nVg]http://youtu.be/vLUTDHM0nVg[/video]

I updated my Intel graphics drivers from the June Drive/Firmware pack from here: Download Surface Pro firmware and driver pack from Official Microsoft Download Center
Which has the Intel 15.28 drivers on it.

I wondered if anyone else on them drivers could tell me if they see a screen glitch when unlocking the tablet. Just a brief see through glitch through the slide up picture.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
E

Ewarwoowar

Ah, was panicking that I had a dodgey tablet!

Anywhere I should go to get them?

I went from factory installed drivers to these and the roll back driver button isnt clickable.

tonyz3

hummm. I see what you mean about the rollback driver not clickable. I rolled back the driver before I updated to 8.1 so I am getting the same nonclickable in device mgr in 8.1. I am in the middle of some work but later I will reboot into 8.0 and check I can still click the rollback. What is the driver number you have? Did you update to 8.1?

tonyz3

this is my driver on 8.1........ 9.18.10.3200 I will check the one on 8.0 a little later.

OP
E

Ewarwoowar

this is my driver on 8.1........ 9.18.10.3200 I will check the one on 8.0 a little later.

uninstalled drivers then did windows update for the drivers and get the glitch with the ones from windows update. was that the same for you?

OP
E

Ewarwoowar

updated to the non official 15.31 and no more glitch but seeing as this update isnt approved by microsoft id rather not stay on it.

would still like to know what version yours is.

Thanks.

pierre118

updated to the non official 15.31 and no more glitch but seeing as this update isnt approved by microsoft id rather not stay on it.

would still like to know what version yours is.

Thanks.

I also use the 9.18.10.3165 (15.31) drivers with Windows 8. These are the best drivers for the Surface Pro till now. They give me the best result in 3DMark I ever had. Games are noticeable faster. And it includes the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. The drivers are not (yet) approved by Microsoft, but they work fine, so I keep it this way.

I also tried these drivers in Windows 8.1 Blue, but that gave an error after booting. Not usable under Windows 8.1. For Windows 8 they are fine.

Last edited:

tonyz3

Just because I am working in 8.1 rt now with a few big projects open I don't want to reboot to 8.0 but at about 4pmish I will check and report back.

OP
E

Ewarwoowar

9.17.10.3062. My 8.0 driver

And you dont get any unlock screen glitches?

I have stayed on 15.31 and just recieved my first problem, launched call of duty and FPS in menus goes from 1FPS to 10FPS consistently then hits 60 then back to 1-10.