What's new

unrar or unzip program

kundas1

Hey was wondering if there is a good program that's free and doesn't have silly restrictions like only unzipping 300KB files or doesn't handle multiple files at the same time and whatnot. I looked on the MS store and didn't find any good free proggies... anyone have any good recommendations?

oion

Well, Windows 8/RT already has native support for ZIP, so that part should be fine, though it's not Metro interface. I don't have any specific recommendations for other archive types, though, sorry.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

I can't believe how bad the selection for unzip apps is in the MS App store! It's really pathetic not a single unzip/unrar app is worth using! They're ALL BADLY done or don't work! Unngg!

benjitek

Hey was wondering if there is a good program that's free and doesn't have silly restrictions like only unzipping 300KB files or doesn't handle multiple files at the same time and whatnot. I looked on the MS store and didn't find any good free proggies... anyone have any good recommendations?

It's built into the OS...

joga

I use 8 Zip from the Store. It's free and it works pretty well.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
kundas1

kundas1

I tried that and it didn't seem to work... maybe the rar/zip files were truncated....