What's new

Unresponsive touchscreen again

quantics

My surface has developed the problem with an unresponsive band across the top of the screen as reported by others.
I am having trouble getting it replaced. Could any members provide testimonials or other proof that Microsoft have replaced devices under warranty because of this problem?
This would greatly help my discussions with the Microsoft support team.
Many thanks

Plantje

What kind of trouble are you experiencing getting it replaced? Just contact Microsoft:"It's broken, please replace"

OP
Q

quantics

What kind of trouble are you experiencing getting it replaced? Just contact Microsoft:"It's broken, please replace"
The problem is that after this occurred, my thumb went through the bottom left of the screen where it meets the case when i was just picking it up off the table! the very corner just caved in! However that part of the screen still works fine, and is a long way from the unresponsive band, but of course MS say "screen is broken - your fault". So I am seeking to establish that the unresponsive band problem is a known issue (which it appears to be - at least on the web) that warrants replacement regardless of another incidental problem that occurred after the unresponsive issue. I should probably go after them for the break as well - clearly a design / manufacturing fault but harder to prove.
thanks for any help.

Plantje

To be honest I understand most likely you will have a hard time getting proven that the two issues are unrelated.
I was asking, because recently I heard from someone in the Netherlands who wanted replacement for his Band that got broken, but they didn't accept it for replacement.

OP
Q

quantics

Thanks for the reply. I wondered whether to pursue this through the small claims court in Scotland, but decided (yesterday) to try the fix that was mentioned here: Surface Pro 3 Touchscreen Problem • /r/Surface. It worked!! I'm normally reluctant to try this sort of thing (not very techy) but thought I had nothing to loose. So I'll get a tempered glass screen protector and just live with it now. Thanks again for responding. Please consider post closed.