What's new

Update removed gApps sync

null4end

I have a paid Google Apps account that will continue to support ActiveSync. The latest Mail/Calendar/People update just removed my ability to sync my calendar. Is there any workaround to trick Windows 8 into allowing me to continue to sync these since they are still supported on my account?

I would switch to Outlook.com but in my trials I haven't been able to get rid of the annoying (on behalf of) in my reply to email address...

ArnoldC

Please see my post in the mother thread of the Mail, people, calendar and messaging update.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Trovahead

I can't get the calendar to recognize the ics. file I have exported from the google calendar. Has anyone been able to get this work-around to work?
thanks, any help is appreciated!

Trovahead

I can't get the calendar to recognize the ics. file I have exported from the google calendar. Has anyone been able to get this work-around to work?
thanks, any help is appreciated!

This needs to be done on a desktop - I was trying to use my Surface without success. Now everything is synced up fine with my google work calendar. COOL!!

ximoosea

I agree with you....the "on behalf of" is a show stopper for me. I love that outlook.com is ActiveSync but this and other small problems make it a nogo at this time. It only allows about 1500 contacts (not a problem for me), but the bigger problem is that it only allows about 1250 characters in a contacts note field and then just truncates them.

I have a paid Google Apps account that will continue to support ActiveSync. The latest Mail/Calendar/People update just removed my ability to sync my calendar. Is there any workaround to trick Windows 8 into allowing me to continue to sync these since they are still supported on my account?

I would switch to Outlook.com but in my trials I haven't been able to get rid of the annoying (on behalf of) in my reply to email address...