What's new

Updated 8.1 RT, Lost Activation

Lolvo

I performed an "update and restart" a few minutes ago, and now I have no personalization options, everything was reset to default, and my copy of Windows believes it is not verified.

I am on 8.1. Update was released in the last few days.

Thoughts?

boerke

I am on 8.1. Update was released in the last few days.
Thoughts?

I tried updating mine, but it wont accept my legit tablet key, How did hou manage to update yours?

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

demandarin

you have the full update to new firmware or you mean the preview build? if you do have the full final version, I hope they release it for the pro asap.

EMINENT

you have the full update to new firmware or you mean the preview build? if you do have the full final version, I hope they release it for the pro asap.

8.1 got leaked a couple days ago. Got it in English on the PC and Surface Pro now. Working beautifully!

It does ask for activation and a key. I didn't have my key so I called MS and they helped me activate it.

Endorsay

I'm surprised MS Support helped support something that technically you shouldn't have yet...
I might look for it too.

OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

8.1 got leaked a couple days ago. Got it in English on the PC and Surface Pro now. Working beautifully!

It does ask for activation and a key. I didn't have my key so I called MS and they helped me activate it.

Wait wha??? Where is the mass amount of threads?

Can you provide a link?
Was 8.1 RT included?

demandarin

Hmm..time to search around.

Can you tell us new features of OS on pro model besides the start menu returning? Does it seem more optimized? Like battery life, graphics drivers, etc...

I am surprised also several threads haven't opened up on this? People go crazy on android forums when new firmware linked. Also surprised no threads on overclocking or other system os optimizations or such. I guess windows not the same or harder to modify, hence no developer threads either.

EMINENT

Hmm..time to search around.

Can you tell us new features of OS on pro model besides the start menu returning? Does it seem more optimized? Like battery life, graphics drivers, etc...

I am surprised also several threads haven't opened up on this? People go crazy on android forums when new firmware linked. Also surprised no threads on overclocking or other system os optimizations or such. I guess windows not the same or harder to modify, hence no developer threads either.

Sorry, I didn't think to create one as I was busy setting them both up and checkin out the differences.

It's working great so far. The sync option and downloading of apps was much quicker as everything worked more seamlessly with little or no hiccups. Wifi, bluetooth working fine also.

EMINENT

I'm surprised MS Support helped support something that technically you shouldn't have yet...
I might look for it too.

I'm surprised myself. They have a validation code you have to read to them and in turn they have an automated system read an activation code to type in. So if you do this, check or know your key.