What's new

Upgrade from SP6?

wpcoe

Now that the Surface Pro 6 is two years old, is anybody chomping at the bit to upgrade?

There are rumors that the SP8 will be introduced next month. Would it be a worthy upgrade if, say, it had a Core i7-1165G7? (link to compare i7-8650u to i7-1165G7)

Those rumors consistently say there will be no change in the form factor/appearance from our SP6s, but it's the technology inside that I'm more interested in anyway. (Faster CPU, better Iris graphics, faster SSD, etc.)

Or, if it ain't broke, don't fix it ?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the Surface Pro 6 is two years old, is anybody chomping at the bit to upgrade?

There are rumors that the SP8 will be introduced next month. Would it be a worthy upgrade if, say, it had a Core i7-1165G7? (link to compare i7-8650u to i7-1165G7)

Those rumors consistently say there will be no change in the form factor/appearance from our SP6s, but it's the technology inside that I'm more interested in anyway. (Faster CPU, better Iris graphics, faster SSD, etc.)

Or, if it ain't broke, don't fix it ?
I'm the wrong person to ask, as I upgrade with every new generation :) the 11th GEN will be much better in graphics performance and should get better battery life...

OP
W

wpcoe

I'm the wrong person to ask, as I upgrade with every new generation :) the 11th GEN will be much better in graphics performance and should get better battery life...
Since I have your attention, then: Was the SP7 a noticeable jump performance-wise from the sp6?

OP
W

wpcoe

Well, my hopes for an upgrade to an imminent SP8 seemingly have been dashed: