What's new

Upgrade to Win10 Pro

wpcoe

Any pitfalls, hints or tricks to upgrading an SP6 to Win10 Pro? Other than the obvious need to do a complete backup first, is it pretty easy & safe to do an in-place OS upgrade?

Fast-T

I use file history. Automatically backs up everything while the surface is at the dock. No more backups before doing experiments.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Mastiff

The question isn't how to upgrade. It's why the "#%&"#%& (think about an angry Donald! Duck, not Trump!) an expensive device like the Pro 6, especially higher end models (my i7 512 GB case in point) is not Pro from the start! It's just dumb and cheap of Micro$oft, even if the device is great.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The question isn't how to upgrade. It's why the "#%&"#%& (think about an angry Donald! Duck, not Trump!) an expensive device like the Pro 6, especially higher end models (my i7 512 GB case in point) is not Pro from the start! It's just dumb and cheap of Micro$oft, even if the device is great.
They have versions with Pro, they are $100 USD more expensive and are sold through the Business Store.

Buy Surface Pro 6 for Business - Microsoft Store

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not in Norway, as far as I have seen.
Typically these would be B2B purchases...usually something that sells to Business Customers and sale Enterprise Software, in the US places like CDW, SoftwareOne, SHI, etc.

jott27

I have some difficulty in understanding the negative reaction of some for the lack of Win10 Pro. The added features of the Pro version are only useful for some and not every business users. The ones who desperately need to have the extra capability should easily afford to invest the extra U$ 100. For the rest of us, this money could be spent in better ways. I am glad that MS provided the Win10 without the extra Pro features. I hate to spend money for something I don't need. I am sure that a lot of users would agree with me.