What's new

Urban Armor case...

Aeron15

as much as I love cases like these, I won't be using it on my SP3. I did get the Sp3 for its sleekness and weight and I just can't get myself to attach something so bulky on it...although I do cringe when I lightly bump my sp3 on stuff...

Dblkk

Did anyone get this yet?

I have my order in, supposedly shipping tommarrow. Will post a review, and a link to a youtube review. I got the 'scout' which is the black/grey colored one. I use surface 50% of the time as a tablet pc in the industrial/manufacturing field. So dust and drops have been a common theme for laptops for me, cant imagine surface pro without some kind of protection lasting me long.

Only thing im worried about is loosing the friction kickstand built into surface. Case says it has a 5 position kickstand, so we'll see.

Another thing, is I have my pen loop stuck to the back of the top right corner of the surface, about 2 inches towards the middle. I use the pen when I don't use the keyboard, so putting the pen loop on the keyboard made no sense to me. But with this new case, im going to have to figure something else out. Was thinking of something like those keychain laso necklace things. They go around your neck, and theres a clasp that releases the keychain or you can pull it from around your neck. I use one for my keys and it works great. Maybe ill get another and keep the pen on it, idk.

I ordered the Red one, and still have not got any email about it being shipped. Was hoping they would send it out early. I really hope they don't send it out late. I will also do post my initial impressions of it when I get it.

Honestly though, if it's anything like the Trident Kraken A.M.S Case which I have on my Note 3, then I will be one happy camper (which looks very similar to the Urban Armor, style wise that is).

81WUY617zxL._SL1500_.jpg

81yFjDhksaL._SL1500_.jpg

SFPRO3_RED_PT0_MAIN_3000_grande.png

SFPRO3_RED_PT04_3000_grande.png

Too bad Urban Armor didn't make the kickstand reversible, like the Trident kickstand is.

I also think Urban Armor could have put the rubber inno-skeleton like the Trident has for maximum shock absorbtion from falls.

I also see no holes in the corner bumpers of the Urban Armor, like the Trident has, so they definitely could have improved there as well. Oh well, we shall see. ..

Dblkk

yea, I have the trident for my Lumina icon, had it for my 928 as well. dropped so many times, nothing.

but from all that I see on the urban armor, it has the rubber inner layer, just like the trident, and then a hard plastic as well, just like the trident. so I'm not sure what your saying the differences between the two are.

as far as case shipping, as of a week ago shipping date was Sept 25th. then as of Sept 24th, shipping is now Oct 2nd. there are user reviews on the case (none specific, just 1 line quick review) that were done on units shipped Sept 25th. So I'm guessing (dont quote me) that since this is a brand new release. They are shipping units, once a few batches are made. No stockpile/warehouse supply yet, just straight from the press kind of thing.

give them more time to catch up on current orders, and I'm sure they will be able to build up a warehouse supply. they will then more than likely start shipping supplies to amazon ect.

Just received an email last night saying my case was shipped via UPS and should expect to receive it on Tuesday. Would have been nice to not make their shipping date release right before a weekend! They could have also just put it for sale on Amazon with Prime Shipping, and I would have gotten it much faster, as I would have just paid $4 extra to overnight it to me...

Oh, the logic of these companies nowadays...

Dblkk

I saw your comment, checked my email inbox. SAME THING. Shipped out last night. Except mine isn't going to get here until next week Wednesday.

I agree with Amazon, as I have prime. But Amazon has the case, but its unavailable. So I'm guessing not enough cases yet produced to supply the mass market volume selling amazon just quite yet

OP
C

Chuck_IV

So has anyone received theirs yet? I'm curious if you can wrap the keyboard around the back of it without it coming unattached. I use my SP3 as a true notepad at times and being able to wrap the keyboard around the back, out of the way is a huge plus.

Dblkk

So has anyone received theirs yet? I'm curious if you can wrap the keyboard around the back of it without it coming unattached. I use my SP3 as a true notepad at times and being able to wrap the keyboard around the back, out of the way is a huge plus.
I'll have mine tomorrow between noon and 4pm.
I will most definitely reply to your post/question

But I for one, use it more as a pen input tablet pc, with my keyboard usually always left inside my bag.
But that doesn't mean that times at home or school I don't do exactly what your saying, but will reply the best I can, as well as link a YouTube video with through testing and showing.

I just got mine 5 minutes ago via UPS and.......YES!!!!!!! You can wrap the keyboard behind it perfectly to write on. It actually feels even better wrapped around with the case on.

The build quality on this case is AMAZING... Its like Spiderman's suit, but armored, lol. Will post some pics in a few.

Dblkk

Urge, you got yours already. Lucky! Sounds great, now I really can't wait to get mine. Patience has never been a virtue of mine, tomorrow can't come quick enough for me.

Since your casing it, do you own/plan to own a screen protector? I never really do, but my sp will be out in the wild of manufacturing and industrial plants. Which is why I bought this hopefully heavy duty case. So the idea of a screen protector makes sense, as ill more than likely end up in very dusty environments.

Trying to figure out which screen protector to go with. Normal sticker type, glass type, or healing type. And within those types, smooth, course, sticky?

I had a $25 screen protector on my SP3 but since took it off. It was messing up the touch sensitivity, and a lot of times I had to keep re-tapping the same place over and over. Since then, I have never looked back and don't plan on ever putting a screen protector back on, besides the type cover.

Also, I just posted a little review with some pics of the case here:

Urban Armor Gear Red Case - Quick Review w/ Pics