What's new

Urban Armor Gear Surface Pro 2 case announced

Camp Ranger

Just received my UAG case on Tuesday so far it looks good. I also have the Incipio Capture which I liked except for the fact I could not attach the key board to it and had to use the wireless adaptor. My biggest concern with the UAG case is the ports are not covered like they were with the capture case. I take my SP2 with me on my camp and to the other camps that I manage and am a little concerned about dirt and such getting into all of the ports.

revmike

I had the feather case as well, but I removed it as I got tired of the bulk that it added. This case looks like it adds more bulk than the feather case.

infer66

I was going to give a review about the UAG case today put the amazon seller decided that the ipad mini case looked like the surface pro one. Ordered another one and will try and make a review when it arrives.

infer66

Well I have finally received my UAG Surface pro 2 case.
The case is well build and lightweight, provides very good protection and fits well in the hand. Easy to put on and take off.
The stand is solid and provides an alternative to the SP2 own first level stand. Its supported by a strap and magnets.
The vents on top are larger than the Incipio feather case and create no issues I can find with overheating. All ports are easily accessible.
The back of the case has a nice texture and is very grippy. The rubber bands that hold the keyboard cover do a very good job and when the keyboard is closed feels solid. Tried the type cover and power cover, both work well. You cannot flip the keyboard back.
All in all this case is staying on, Incipio feather and capture cases are no were near as good.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

godzillinois

I was going to give a review about the UAG case today put the amazon seller decided that the ipad mini case looked like the surface pro one. Ordered another one and will try and make a review when it arrives.

Out of curiosity, who was the Amazon seller that sent you the iPad case? The first time I bought the case they sent me the iPad Air UAG instead. Had to wait until Amazon had it back in stock so I could buy it directly from them (at $8 more too, ugh.)

On a side note, the amazing thing about this case is that even with the added bulk the tablet still fits inside my Nixon sleeve with the UAG case on it! Which is great since that means I can still keep my pens etc with my tablet, and the extra (extra) protection is a plus!

I bought the UAG case so I can take my Surface Pro with me on my Europe trip, so I'll update my review when I get back!