What's new

Urgent help required with camera settings.

Kevin23

I'm currently operating a photo booth software on the surface pro 4 but the photo quality is blurry when using the internal camera.

When using the default camera app on the surface pro, i can set the shutter speed to 1/125 and the iso to 1600, which produces clear photos.

Is there a way to change the camera default settings permanently (shutter speed to 1/125 and the iso to 1600) so when i use the third party photo booth software, the photo quality is bright and clear?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Kevin

I can't answer your question I'm afraid, it's a little beyond my knowledge. I've edited your thread title though, because the HowTo prefix is for guides and tutorials only.

OP
K

Kevin23

The software can be downloaded from this link below:
Webcam Photobooth - run a professional photo booth using a webcam

When using the breeze photo booth software and using the front inbuilt camera, i believe the shutter speed and iso default settings is on "auto" which make the photo blurry and dark.

If there is a way to manually change the camera settings to have the shutter speed at 1/125 and iso to 1600, and keep these settings locked in while the breeze software is running, then i can produce clear and bright photos.

Hope someone can help.

OP
K

Kevin23

I'm using the webcam version of the software. The link you posted above is using a external DSLR camera.

i had a look at webcam help file but there is no bank option.

Webcam Photobooth

Need a way to manually control the camera settings while using the breeze photo booth program.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried asking the software developers? Unfortunately if they haven't written anything into the software to allow manual settings or override of the auto -ISO then there's probably not much you can do.