What's new

USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller drivers

voodik

Hi all,

USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Drivers included in Windows 8.1 not working correctly. I bought SP3 for car diagnostic, everything i need is only working USB port. My diagnostic adapter(MongoosePro JLR) is working in every system(include Vmware, Virtualbox virtualizations) and via any USB port (USB 2.0 or 3.0).
I have a pc with same USB controller. This USB controller in Windows 7 is using Intel drivers and with this drivers i don't have a any problems with my adapter.
Dear Microsoft, after some hacks i installed Windows 7 drivers for this controller (Edited *.inf files, removed signatures, disabled driver signature verification in windows 8.1) . Drivers installed and working perfectly. And with this drivers my adapter is working too. This issue is driver side issue otherwise USB controller or diagnostic adapter doesn't work with Win7 drivers. Or sign and release Intel drivers )))

Sorry for my English,
Thank You.

surfdock

Voodik,

Can you please post the VID/PID of the USB device you are trying to use? Have you tried connecting the device through a USB 2.0 hub then to the SP3 instead of directly to the SP3?

Can you also provide a link to the Win7 driver you used successfully?

OP
V

voodik

VID:18E1 PID:0022
Yes i tried to connect this device via USB 2.0 hubs (powered and without external power)
Before replacing a USB3 driver when i connect my device to SP3 and installed device drivers for it device manager shows "This device is working properly." But the Red LED on adapter is active this means the adapter does not started, when its starts the green LED become active. I restarted windows 8.1 and enter in the "EFI configuration menu" and i surprised the adapter now active. At this moment i understand after windows loads USB Controller drivers my device become offline. Then i replaced USB Controller drivers and after reboot adapter become online.

Do you want the modified drivers ? I don't know can i post e.g. google drive liks in this forum ?
I modified this drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22824

tree312002

I've had exactly the same experience, and confirm that by using the drivers mentioned by voodik, you can get the USB3 port to work. However, the MicroSD reader causes a system crash whenever a MicroSD card is inserted. It's a step in the right direction though, as it does allow you to use USB3 hard discs that, until now, wouldn't work.

Microsoft need to address this. A Lacie drive, which allows you to disable UAS mode and use only as BOT works with the original drivers - it is related purely to the drivers used for the USB3 port, and is probably a Windows issue, rather than just specific to the Surface Pro.

OP
V

voodik

Install Microsd reader drivers from realtek. With this drivers microsd works fine without crashes. If you can't find tomorrow i post which drivers i installed.

tree312002

Many thanks Voodik - all working!

MICROSOFT - Please take note of these steps

1.) Download the Intel driver package from Voodik's post

2.) In Drivers\win7\x64 edit iusb3hub.inf and iusb3xhc.inf by copying the information under [Intel.NTAMD64.6.1] to directly below [Intel.NTAMD64.6.2]

3.) restart PC in unsigned driver mode (Settings Charm, Change PC Settings, Update & Recovery, Recovery, Advanced Startup, RESTART NOW) - Alternative WinKey+r shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00

4.) Update Intel(R) USB 3.0 extensible host controller - 0100 (Microsoft) using iusb3xhc.inf

5.) keyboard, trackpad etc. will fail at this point

6.) Using onscreen keyboard, restart again in unsigned driver mode

7.) In device manager, update unknown device under Other devices using iusb3hub.inf

8.) Restart normally

9.) download from realtek - rtsxstor_6.3.273.37.zip - run setup

All USB3 devices now work and the machine won't crash when using MicroSD cards.