What's new

usb 3 hub?

ultra99

i'm looking for a usb 3 hub to go with my surface, and may be includes an ethernet port. any recommendations?

demandarin

amazon is your best bet. I saw some like you looking for up there. I couldn't find any in any brick n mortar store. bestbuy online has them. I haven't checked in store yet. I will later today.

D1vad

i'm looking for a usb 3 hub to go with my surface, and may be includes an ethernet port. any recommendations?

Be careful as to what you buy. USB 3.0 calls for a maximum 900 milliamps output per port, if you might want to connect DVD & Blu-ray devices, or external hard drives look for one that states it has high power ports, or iPad ports.

D1vad

just what are you looking for? what do you hope to accomplish with it?

will it be used in your home? or are you looking for something small and mobile? how many ports do you need? what will you be connecting to it? do you need to be able to boot off of the network connection?

D

Deleted member 10837

Is something like this what you're looking for?

2lvb9qc.jpg

virsago_mk2

Is something like this what you're looking for?

2lvb9qc.jpg

Do you know where can I get that?
I already have a USB 3.0 hub for my Surface Pro 2, but having that extra ethernet port is actually more useful for me as I might need to connect to my workplace server.

CrippsCorner

Are you not interested in the actual Surface Dock? I know it's obviously bigger etc. I'm not sure if you'll be using this at home or taking it with you?

OP
U

ultra99

Are you not interested in the actual Surface Dock? I know it's obviously bigger etc. I'm not sure if you'll be using this at home or taking it with you?

I actually haven't. How's it? Wouldn't it be more expensive?
Mostly I use it at home conneccted to monitor, mouse, keyboard...soon a server.