What's new

usb hub powered via USB cable

nennis2k4

This is my first post on here. I have a question about USB hubs. Does anyone know of a USB hub that can be powered via USB into wall outlet similar to phone cables.

If you don't understand what I want to do is find a USB hub, connect a USB/Power cable into it then plug that into the USB port of the Surface Pro 3 power adapter. This way I don't need to carry anything extra such as a USB hub power brick.

Let me know your thoughts.

kundas1

I do know that they make powered hubs as I bought one myself but a hub that powers via the USB I don't think I've ever seen one...

malberttoo

This is my first post on here. I have a question about USB hubs. Does anyone know of a USB hub that can be powered via USB into wall outlet similar to phone cables.

If you don't understand what I want to do is find a USB hub, connect a USB/Power cable into it then plug that into the USB port of the Surface Pro 3 power adapter. This way I don't need to carry anything extra such as a USB hub power brick.

Let me know your thoughts.

Welcome Nennis!

The problem with that idea is, often times when you plug multiple devices into a USB hub, they want to draw more power than the computer's USB port can provide. So the power brick that comes with the USB hub isn't really to power the hub per se, but to power the devices plugged into it.

I hope that makes sense.

OP
N

nennis2k4

Hi,

I want to plug the USB into the surface pro 3 power brick. Just like i plug a USB into my phone and into a USB power block.