What's new

use Galaxy Note pen on SP?

demandarin

I can confirm. Seeing this thread made me try it out. I pulled out my galaxy note 10.1 pen. It works great with the pro. Great thing also is that I have various nibs for the note pen. Thanks... id rather risk losing note pen Than surface one. Seems very accurate also. The hover dot is directly underneath the pen. Might compare to see which pen is better.

It glides so smoothly and feels great on my tech armor HD clear screen protector.

demandarin

Wow, my note pen actually feels better writing on surface. I think its because for the note pen, it comes with rubber type and plastic nibs.mi have rubber one on. The surface one is like a harder plastic one. But let me tell you, the note pen with runner tip truly feels like a natural writing experience. The pro one is great also but you feel the plastic tip hitting the glass. The note one with rubber just glides effortlessly across the screen. Feels really natural. It may even be more accurate. I'd recommend people using cheaper device pen and use the note one. Put a rubber nibs and watch how well it works. Remember you can also adjust its sensitivity on the pen itself. You'd have to remove the clicker on the pen. The adjustment screw is underneath it.

hypokondriak

Like most of you, I keep losing the Surface stylus because the power port just doesn't work as a holder.

When I saw at the Boston Surface 2 event that even Panos Panay doesn't use the power port - he has some other contraption - I decided to give up.

Then I was thinking, what if I had a phone/phablet with a stylus? I could buy a Note 3 and not worry about losing the Surface stylus.

I just mark up documents, don't need or care about pressure sensitivity etc.

Has anyone made the Note stylus work with the Surface Pro? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Galaxy Note 3 stylus works great. Not only do you always have a stylus, but you get a phone with a stylus too. I use the Note 3 stylus on the phone way more than Surface. But good to have if you need it.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Pepper

Would anyone have actually bought the stylus if it didn't come with the Surface for free? I've used it precisely once, to show off to my girlfriend that it was better than her iPad lol... it's stayed in my Nixon case ever since.

If you're using it, what for exactly? I did enjoy drawing a cock and balls in Paint, but nothing since...
I use it whenever I need to select a block of text and give up trying to do it with my finger.

mitchellvii

The Note pen works great. The only issue is that if you have large manly hands like myself (heh), any extensive writing can cause a bit of cramping since the pen is so small. I picked up a Wacom Feel stylus for $35 on Amazon. As far as storage, I just put it in my shirt pocket as I would a normal pen since it really is a normal pen. For those who want a more penlike experience I can highly recommend it.

You know here's what I don't get. Microsoft didn't need to redesign the Surface Body to slide the pen inside, they could have simply cut a small slot at the top with some sort of rubberized insert that you could slide the pocket clip into and it would have held the stylus quite securely with a minimum of re-engineering. Why can't Microsoft think of these things?

mitchellvii

Wacom have a button in the extreme for can deleting?

The Wacom Feel does have a button. Only a single clicker though and it is flush with the body of the pen so gets some taking used to find it without looking. Why they would not provide a raised button that was easier to feel is beyond me. They went for appearance over utility.

yours_falsely

The Note pen works great. The only issue is that if you have large manly hands like myself (heh), any extensive writing can cause a bit of cramping since the pen is so small. I picked up a Wacom Feel stylus for $35 on Amazon. As far as storage, I just put it in my shirt pocket as I would a normal pen since it really is a normal pen. For those who want a more penlike experience I can highly recommend it.

You know here's what I don't get. Microsoft didn't need to redesign the Surface Body to slide the pen inside, they could have simply cut a small slot at the top with some sort of rubberized insert that you could slide the pocket clip into and it would have held the stylus quite securely with a minimum of re-engineering. Why can't Microsoft think of these things?

Idk about you, but in my experience the clip on the pro's pen is easily bent, especially near the corner. I took it out of my bag once and it was bent away from the pen. If the setup was as you said, I'd be afraid that the clip would act as a hinge, bending at every chance it got.