What's new

Using FrontPage 2003 with Surface Pro 3

GRN

Just wondering if anyone is using, or has used, FrontPage 2003 on the Surface Pro 3.

I installed FP 2003 on the SP 3 and there are some display issues in the design view.

I'm using it on a Windows 8 desktop and it works just fine.

Thanks.

GRN

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK, try a lower screen resolution...
FP 2003 was discontinued 8 years ago, in 2006... run it on an XP VM :D

leeshor

Just wondering if anyone is using, or has used, FrontPage 2003 on the Surface Pro 3.

I installed FP 2003 on the SP 3 and there are some display issues in the design view.

Thanks.

GRN
Welcome to the forum

Someone is STILL using that.? ;);)

OP
G

GRN

Ha, yep they are :) Maybe not for long.

Tried the lower resolution, didn't make a difference.

Thanks for the reply.

GRN

leeshor

So was I. Now on DreamWeaver. But I think I remember when my last customer using FP stopped but it was a LONG time ago.

Liam2349

Sounds like it may not support high-res displays. You could try running this software in compatibility mode for some version of XP, or worst case, you might have to lower your screen resolution.

Seriously though, perhaps it's time for a software upgrade to match your new hardware?

graye

Yeah, I'm ignoring the original question...

The replacement for FrontPage is called WebMatrix. It is a stark departure from FP, but it produces standard compliant pages. Yes, there will be a learning curve... (but what in life doesn't have a learning curve?)

WebMatrix runs just fine on the SP3.

Anyway, it's free... and so much better than FP.
http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks.

GRN
Getting it installed is a big achievement, right click on the Frontpage.exe or Shortcut and select properties, select the Compatibility Tab and check the box below:

upload_2014-10-3_18-17-6.png

EHoskinson

Thanks.

GRN

I've been using FrontPage 2000 on my SP 1 and it works fine. Installed with no issues.