What's new

using headphones-how?

Ok stupid question. How do I get the headphones to work? I stick it into the headphone jack on the side, but the sound still comes out of the speakers. I think I found the headphone volume control, but all I hear is the "ding!" when I move the slider up or down on the headphone volume. but sound is still coming out of the speakers on the surface.

OP
S

starstreak

Um.. that's so stupid I'll have to double check that I did push it in all the way. Now that you mentioned it, I did have issue pushing it in.. I'll check when I get my surface from the car.

D

Deleted member 10837

The 3.5mm jack location I feel is awkwardly high and I don't want a long wire dangling so I might just opt for Bluetooth earbuds.

beman39

Bluetooth earphones is awesome, I have these little creative BT headphones and they ROCK! luv em

OP
S

starstreak

As I said, it was a stupid question. lol. You got me thinking it had to be something simple as it should just "activate" when a headphone is plugged in. I did have it in all the way. It turned out the program I was running actually had the ability to direct sound to a device. So that would explain why I heard the audio from the surface speakers (from the program) yet heard the windows "ding" sound from the headphones. Thanks, your comments helped.

CrippsCorner

Bluetooth earphones is awesome, I have these little creative BT headphones and they ROCK! luv em

I gave up with bluetooth earphones after a bad experience with some Sony ones... maybe I should try again one day :) I'm sure the technology much have advanced!