What's new

Using new surface pen with Surface 3?

I had similar problems, the loop does not stay permenantly to the keyboard cover...however to put the loop on the S3 itself just above the kickstand works wonders...

I bought a faux leather case, with pen, from eBay, and it comes with a pen holder. Yesterday, I purchased a Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard, and once I set it up, it has worked flawlessly.

For the keyboard/pen/case, MS are asking $179.99. I bought the lot for under $100. Give nothing to the bloodsuckers!

It amazes me...Microsoft has a great concept and a fairly good product that is just way too overpriced...Those of us that have a S3 or pro models realize that we would never want to return to life without them...for me its both school and church use as well as light business, for others primary business, and still others with other uses...all of us have one thing in common, the great use and ease we find in an all in one tablet/laptop/desktop(with docking station). Concept is awesome, seems like many people have issues my only true qualm besides the atom processor is the over priced nature of the product when all necessary extras are added up...keyboard and pen are necessary and should be included in the $599 price offering. At least competitors are starting to come out with options to make Microsoft choose to be competitive...I think my next one will be the Lenovo Miix 700 when it is finally released...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It amazes me...Microsoft has a great concept and a fairly good product that is just way too overpriced...Those of us that have a S3 or pro models realize that we would never want to return to life without them...for me its both school and church use as well as light business, for others primary business, and still others with other uses...all of us have one thing in common, the great use and ease we find in an all in one tablet/laptop/desktop(with docking station). Concept is awesome, seems like many people have issues my only true qualm besides the atom processor is the over priced nature of the product when all necessary extras are added up...keyboard and pen are necessary and should be included in the $599 price offering. At least competitors are starting to come out with options to make Microsoft choose to be competitive...I think my next one will be the Lenovo Miix 700 when it is finally released...
Microsoft is pricing these exactly where they believe is the missing segment in the PC market, their goal isn't to compete with the OEM/ODMs but with Apple.

If the OEM/ODMs want to bring to market similar product at a lower price Microsoft is OK with that....

Telstar1948

About the new pen, I followed the directions given in one of the threads about installing SP4 pen drivers (for my S3), and it worked. In the Surface app I now have the ability to change what the top button (eraser) does. I set mine to open desktop OneNote 2016, but I left the other options as they were. Prior to downloading the SP4 pen drivers the Surface app (under the pen section) only showed the pen sensitivity setting.

ZetaPi

Hello everybody!
I'm using the new pen (Surface PRO 4 3XY-00016) with a new Surface 3 LTE with Windows 10, but I'm really disappointed about the writing accuracy. I never had a Surface before. Honestly I can't believe my 3 years old tablet (Lenovo TPT2, Wacom panel) is working far better with the included little pen.

Any suggestion?

Screenshot comparison: (Left: Lenovo TPT2 - Right: Surface 3 LTE)
wacom_vs_ntrig.jpg