What's new

Using SKYPE in Surface Pro

I just bought a Surface pro and trying to get used to it. Because I travel a lot I use SKYPE a lot. While using skype I do not see the SKYPE tool Bar in surface. How can I view that. Alternatively, if I wish to go to tools, advanced and use ceratin options how do I do that - I use a windows 7 on my laptop and there the skype comes up with the toolbar as soon as it opens. please help. Thank you.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Not sure what tool bar you are looking for specifically but windows 8 has two ways to bring up such menus. 1 swipe up from the bottom or down from the top of the screen to bring up contextual menus and 2 swipe from right to center to bring up the charms bar. Alternatively since you are using a pro you should be able to install desktop Skype with no difference from what you used in the past.

Cambo

if you slide up from the bottom,you get the menu,or slide from the right side to get the settings. tap on the top right over your icon to get account details

OP
B

[email protected]

Tool Bar or Menu Bar

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion but did not work. I
am looking for the 'tools' menu where I can adjust my settings for video etc. In normal skype we have the menu bar on left hand side top - this is missing in Pro? I am looking to set my snapshot option by accessing the tools menu and advanced - how do I do that here?

Not sure what tool bar you are looking for specifically but windows 8 has two ways to bring up such menus. 1 swipe up from the bottom or down from the top of the screen to bring up contextual menus and 2 swipe from right to center to bring up the charms bar. Alternatively since you are using a pro you should be able to install desktop Skype with no difference from what you used in the past.

ArnoldC

I believe this is what he meant-

Skype.png

Which is not on the Modern UI version.

I suggest to download the legacy Skype aka Desktop aka x86 version instead.

tonyz3

In modern ui Skype, swipe in from the Rt to the charms bar hit settings than options and you can adj some settings, but for the full options as displayed above you need desktop Skype..