What's new

Using Stylus with Cortana

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

After the Nov Update (TH2), it has been reported that we can use the Stylus with Cortana. But how? I can't seem to find how to use this on the SP3 (used in desktop mode). Any pointers would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Neil Uher II

Open Cortana (click in the search box), click on the Reminders button on the left hand side (looks like a light bulb with a check mark), then click (or tap) on the box with a pencil icon, and a little note pad will appear to write your notes.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Sorry to revive an old thread, but i am facing an odd situation. That icon that you refer to shows up in Cortana on my SP3, but not on my S3, which happens to be running the same version of the OS (no Insiders builds involved on either machine). Any ideas?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i am facing an odd situation. That icon that you refer to shows up in Cortana on my SP3, but not on my S3, which happens to be running the same version of the OS (no Insiders builds involved on either machine). Any ideas?
Just to confirm, on you S3 this icon is missing?

upload_2016-2-23_7-31-12.png

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Hi Jeff, yes, it was, but I fixed it.

I fixed it by putting US Eng as the display language while keeping the region etc with UK Eng. That fixed the problem and now on my S3, I have exactly what you have posted above. So, all's good! Thanks!