What's new

Using the pen will leave traces on the LCD, normal? (SP3)

sigma

As if the screen was not well barricaded by the glass, like when you put your fingers at your television, for instance, when I use OneNote and write something, I can see the LCD being touched, even with very low pressure. Is this normal? Should I return it? Also, in the upper right slot of the screen, whenever I put some pressure with my finger I can hear a very soft clicking noise. Maybe I am just paranoid about it :crazy:. Anyway, I hope you guys can help me, thanks.

ctitanic

As if the screen was not well barricaded by the glass, like when you put your fingers at your television, for instance, when I use OneNote and write something, I can see the LCD being touched, even with very low pressure. Is this normal? Should I return it? Also, in the upper right slot of the screen, whenever I put some pressure with my finger I can hear a very soft clicking noise. Maybe I am just paranoid about it :crazy:. Anyway, I hope you guys can help me, thanks.

Go to the closest store to you and try it, if you see it there then it's normal. I can see that when I use the on screen keyboard, to me it's normal.

TunaSurface

Doesn't sound normal. My surface also makes a clicking noise when I press on the bottom.
It sounds like the screen isn't attached correctly.

Nitemare

I've noticed this too when pressing fairly hard due to the pen not being sensitive enough. A driver update is supposed to help, but I haven't tried it yet.

kodos

Anandtech noted this in their review as well. Hopefully can be alleviated with pen pressure tweaks so we don't have to push down so hard.