Using the SP3 in bed/couch safe?

r0b123

To change the size of your text settings size,
1. Swipe in from the right to open the charms, select Settings
2. Select Change PC Settings near the bottom right corner
3. Select PC and devices, then select Display
4. under More options, change the Default to Larger

Kris

I use my SP3 in bed almost every night, wife passes out early. I go in stream media from my pc or browse the web, never have issues other than connectivity issues.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using this lap desk, also available here, in chairs or bed for a couple of years (Surface 2, then Surface 2 Pro, then Surface 3 pro). Very lightweight. Tried it out after I found this particular brand in my hotel room, and ordered it right away. I use it for my MacBook Pro Retina, too.

lapdesk.jpg

45188_A__52982_1410998106_1280_1280.jpg

Kris

I have grown very accustomed to the on screen keyboard so thankfully don't have to use something like that. The kick stand makes it possible too. I heat up too much, a desk like thing would cause me to feel like I was starting a fire.

enthuz

I've been using this lap desk, also available here, in chairs or bed for a couple of years (Surface 2, then Surface 2 Pro, then Surface 3 pro). Very lightweight. Tried it out after I found this particular brand in my hotel room, and ordered it right away. I use it for my MacBook Pro Retina, too.

Wow, that is what I've been looking for a while back. I wish it had an adjustable/removable lip to use when laying down.

The only thing unsafe may be if you have a significant other who had 'other' plans than browsing and blogging. :oops:

I have this problem almost every night :), usually with two SP3's! My biggest problem is making sure not to damage them from foul play, or have them fall off the bed accidentally! So far though, so good!

Interesting, as the SP3 firmware really hides many normal Windows 8.1 power modes, which I don't really like.

Ideally, I would like for my SP3 to default to hibernate, as I do not like my battery life trickling away when its in sleep mode.

Do you know anyway way to make hibernate the default for everything instead of sleep? Its missing from the "Power Options" almost completely. I really just want to see how fast my SP3 would come out of hiberate in 8.1, as in all the other versions of Windows hiberate would usually take alot longer to load, than if I was power on my computer from scratch.

I really want to see how much of a difference their is in wait time with hibernate vs deep sleep, as I am not impressed with the 10-15 second wait time coming out of deep sleep.