What's new

Using the Surface to type on iPhone?

tony8154

Does anyone know of such an app/program to make this possible?

I want to type from my surface's keyboard to input onto my iPhone.

I've done a search and it seems that macs can do this, but I have not been able to find anything that does it with a Windows machine.

Thanks!

benjitek

I have, but not directly. Don't know that it's possible, but can't say for sure it's impossible either. Would probably only work with a jailbroken iPhone, as remotely controlling an iOS device from another OS sounds like a huge red security flag. If it were doable, you'd run the risk of it breaking with each iOS update.

They way I've done it is using Microsoft's Wireless Keyboard Adapter, which turns the Surface's keyboard into a standard Bluetooth one.

en-INTL_L_Surface_2_Wireless_Adapter_Q6W-00001_RM2_mnco.jpg

OP
T

tony8154

I have, but not directly. Don't know that it's possible, but can't say for sure it's impossible either. Would probably only work with a jailbroken iPhone, as remotely controlling an iOS device from another OS sounds like a huge red security flag. If it were doable, you'd run the risk of it breaking with each iOS update.

They way I've done it is using Microsoft's Wireless Keyboard Adapter, which turns the Surface's keyboard into a standard Bluetooth one.

en-INTL_L_Surface_2_Wireless_Adapter_Q6W-00001_RM2_mnco.jpg
Ah yes this makes sense. So it pretty much makes the surface keyboard like the Apple Bluetooth keyboard? Does the adapter have batteries in it to power the keyboard?

I assumed it would be possible with the surface considering that both have Bluetooth connectivity.