What's new

Very unhappy with the Bestbuy Return Nazis :-(

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Well as anyone who has followed me on this blog can attest, I can be very good at complaining :)

Got on the phone with MyBestBuy people this morning and they put me in touch with Consumer Relations. I raised hell with them and they researched it and lifted the block from my account. Having spent 2 hours of what little time I have left on this planet chasing this crap around I asked them if it was customary to offer customers who had been wronged some sort of gift certificate or Reward Zone points. I'm not being greedy, I just know from experience most companies offer something for your pain and suffering.

No, apparently they believe their heartfelt apology should be sufficient.

So when you see those ads from Best Buy talking about how they want to bend over backwards for you, someone is bending over but it isn't them.

Nuspieds

I told them I didn't understand what was happening here because my last exchange (not even a return, I exchanged one laptop for a more expensive one) was an entire year ago
That's a really odd situation because I can tell you that I have returned/exchanged several items in less than a year and never had that happen to me. It must vary from location to location.

I absolutely detest that "can you show me your ID?" request when you go to return/exchange something! :mad: When I go to Fry's, it is sooooooo much easier and NO need to show any ID! Unfortunately, Best Buy is located closer to me, so that always factors into my buying decision when I think I may need to return/exchange the product.

I really do wish I lived closer to Fry's.

polbit

To be honest mitchellvii, you got me worried :) I have had second thoughts about 4/128, and now I'm thinking about getting the 8/256 when BBs actually get it, but now I'm not sure if I want to go through another exchange...

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

The WORST part of having to show your ID when doing a return (still question the legality of this if you have a valid receipt) is that they give your private information to a shadowy company called "The Retail Equation" which uses a mystery algorithm to tag you as a potential fraudster which no one at BestBuy understands or dares to challenge. The reason this has not caused more of an uproar is that apparently very few people (1%) get their returns blocked so no one complains. Still, as many have said here, they make many returns and have no issues while others such as myself make almost none and get harassed.

Then again, BestBuy's stock price has quadrupled in the past year so whatever evil schtick they are doing seems to be working.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

To be honest mitchellvii, you got me worried :) I have had second thoughts about 4/128, and now I'm thinking about getting the 8/256 when BBs actually get it, but now I'm not sure if I want to go through another exchange...

You have good cause for concern.

godson594

Well yes, and I had used a 5.00 rewardzone print out they emailed me. So when they did the refund they gave me all my cash back AND gave me a 5.00 gift card....

I figured I woulda been out the 5.00 rewardzone gift....

CrippsCorner

We had 7 Best Buy stores open in the UK a few years back... all them shut down within a year. I never got the 'pleasure' of visiting one.